Teardrop campers

  • Happy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
      I'm looking into building a teardrop camper but wondering if they're too small to be practical; has anyone here ever had one? Did you like it or did you feel like you were sleeping in a coffin?

      Thanks~ Beth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012

        I don't anyone that has the tear drop camper, but I know a few that have the A frame camper that folds up and they love them easy to fold up and travel with. I would thing the tear drop would be easy to pull.
        Joyce

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012

          I drive a 4 cyl/5 spd Ford Ranger and it has a towing capacity of about 1600 pounds, so I'm looking into small camper styles that I can build myself, but I'm also claustrophobic! There stands my dilemma!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2012
            Beth,
            NO doubt they are small maybe you should look at a small pop up once the side are out they are a little bigger looking.
            Joyce

            In a message dated 1/30/2012 8:54:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, bthm63@... writes:
            Joyce;

            I drive a 4 cyl/5 spd Ford Ranger and it has a towing capacity of about 1600 pounds, so I'm looking into small camper styles that I can build myself, but I'm also claustrophobic!  There stands my dilemma!

            > I don't anyone that has the tear drop camper, but I know a few that have
            > the A frame camper that folds up and they love them easy to fold up and
            > travel  with. I would thing the tear drop would be easy to pull.
            > Joyce

            > In a message dated 1/30/2012 7:48:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > bthm63@... writes:
            >
            > I'm  looking into building a teardrop camper but wondering if they're too
            > small to  be practical; has anyone here ever had one?  Did you like it or did
            > you  feel like you were sleeping in a coffin?
            >
            > Thanks~   Beth

            > Yahoo! Groups  Links

          • Happy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2012

              I have looked at some pop-ups for ideas; I can't afford to buy a camper so I'm hoping to build one and may even start with a pop-up frame, as I know someone else who build their camper on a pop-up frame base.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 31, 2012
                Beth,

                That sounds great to build your own, you can put in it what you want.
                Joyce

                Joyce;