Where is Everyone?

  • RebeccaC
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hi Beth and Group -

      Evidently - everyone is busy busy with fall chores. No activity here in a l o n g time. I had a minute waiting for a phone call - so thought I'd chime in.

      Hope that Sammy (your BMD) is doing well (as well as your family). Timber and Augie are enjoying the wonderful cool weather. Much more energetic!

      We DID get our new camper this year. It's a 40 ft. Sandpiper Destination camper. Wonderful with the 3 big dogs. I can actually step over the speed bumps instead of walking on them. They love the space and everyone sleeps much more soundly without touching one another. I can even get out of the shower and NOT step on Timber (my velcro dog). He loves his mama!

      Jim built us a nice front porch and the dogs love laying out there to watch boat traffic on the Ohio River. Occasionally folks will honk at them from their boats. Too funny!

      Better get off of here and hoping that everyone has a wonderful upcoming holiday season! Don't eat too much turkey and safe travels to all.

      Becky, Jim and the furry kids!
      Athens, OH
    • anne chlovechok
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2011
        Hi, Becky! I never even got to take my pop-up out this summer! I tent camped a couple of times, though, with the scouts of course.
        I started a new job as the editor/publisher of the Caldwell Journal in Caldwell. That is taking up all my time. My family moved into a new-to-us house in Cambridge last summer...settling in. Your camper sounds great. Enjoy your holidays!
        Anne

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 28, 2012
          Hi Becky;

          I'm sorry that I haven't been on here in a while; I've had a very tough year. Last April I found out that my husband was trying to hook up with other men on the Internet and a divorce soon followed. I was devastated and have been trying to get my life back in order ever since. I haven't been doing any camping but I hope to get back into it in the near future.

          Sammy is well, thanks! He's loving the winter weather, too, and he's still my constant companion.

          Congrats on the new camper! Did you post new photos of it yet? I'd love to see it!

          I'm hoping to get a small camper that I can tow with my little truck, but I'll have to get my job and financial situation settled first. I'm just starting a new job but it has a lot of promise and I'm excited about it!

          Thanks for getting the group going again! ~ Beth, Sammy & Triton

          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "RebeccaC" <caesar@...> wrote:

          > Hi Beth and Group -
          >
          > Evidently - everyone is busy busy with fall chores. No activity here in a l o n g time. I had a minute waiting for a phone call - so thought I'd chime in.
          >
          > Hope that Sammy (your BMD) is doing well (as well as your family). Timber and Augie are enjoying the wonderful cool weather. Much more energetic!
          >
          > We DID get our new camper this year. It's a 40 ft. Sandpiper Destination camper. Wonderful with the 3 big dogs. I can actually step over the speed bumps instead of walking on them. They love the space and everyone sleeps much more soundly without touching one another. I can even get out of the shower and NOT step on Timber (my velcro dog). He loves his mama!
          >
          > Jim built us a nice front porch and the dogs love laying out there to watch boat traffic on the Ohio River. Occasionally folks will honk at them from their boats. Too funny!
          >
          > Better get off of here and hoping that everyone has a wonderful upcoming holiday season! Don't eat too much turkey and safe travels to all.
          >
          > Becky, Jim and the furry kids!
          > Athens, OH

        • Happy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 28, 2012
            Anne;

            Congrats on the new job! You must be pretty settled into it by now... how do you like it?

            ~ Beth

            --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

            > Hi, Becky! I never even got to take my pop-up out this summer! I tent camped a couple of times, though, with the scouts of course.
            > I started a new job as the editor/publisher of the Caldwell Journal in Caldwell. That is taking up all my time. My family moved into a new-to-us house in Cambridge last summer...settling in. Your camper sounds great. Enjoy your holidays!
            > Anne
            >

            > ________________________________

          • anne chlovechok
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
              Becky, your new camper sounds great! I've kayaked along stretches of the Ohio River, and enjoy seeing the campers and people...and dogs!
              Beth, there are no words. I'll pray for you. I know how hard it is to recover from an unexpected blow. But you seem pretty strong.And yes, do what you love...go with girl friends now. Ladies camping clubs with little, clever campers are all the rage.
              I started a new job in September. I'm the editor of the Journal and Noble County Leader...a weekly newspaper in Caldwell, Ohio; a town about half-an-hour from where I live in Cambridge. Becky, I'll bet you know where it is.
              Waiting out the winter. Didn't get much camping in last summer...never took out the pop-up, though we used it as a guest house once or twice!
              Going tent camping with the scouts in two weeks.
              God bless.
              Anne

              I'm sorry that I haven't been on here in a while; I've had a very tough year. Last April I found out that my husband was trying to hook up with other men on the Internet and a divorce soon followed. I was devastated and have been trying to get my life back in order ever since. I haven't been doing any camping but I hope to get back into it in the near future.

              Sammy is well, thanks! He's loving the winter weather, too, and he's still my constant companion.

              Congrats on the new camper! Did you post new photos of it yet? I'd love to see it!

              I'm hoping to get a small camper that I can tow with my little truck, but I'll have to get my job and financial situation settled first. I'm just starting a new job but it has a lot of promise and I'm excited about it!

              Thanks for getting the group going again! ~ Beth, Sammy & Triton

              --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "RebeccaC" <caesar@...> wrote:

              > Hi Beth and Group -
              >
              > Evidently - everyone is busy busy with fall chores. No activity here in a l o n g time. I had a minute waiting for a phone call - so thought I'd chime in.
              >
              > Hope that Sammy (your BMD) is doing well (as well as your family). Timber and Augie are enjoying the wonderful cool weather. Much more energetic!
              >
              > We DID get our new camper this year. It's a 40 ft. Sandpiper Destination camper. Wonderful with the 3 big dogs. I can actually step over the speed bumps instead of walking on them. They love the space and everyone sleeps much more soundly without touching one another. I can even get out of the shower and NOT step on Timber (my velcro dog). He loves his mama!
              >
              > Jim built us a nice front porch and the dogs love laying out there to watch boat traffic on the Ohio River. Occasionally folks will honk at them from their boats. Too funny!
              >
              > Better get off of here and hoping that everyone has a wonderful upcoming holiday season! Don't eat too much turkey and safe travels to all.
              >
              > Becky, Jim and the furry kids!
              > Athens, OH

            • Happy
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                Anne;

                Thanks so much for your kind words and all prayers are appreciated. :-) Even though it's been the better part of a year since I found out about my ex-husband, I'm still stunned but it is what it is; so I'm just doing my best to move on. I'm still working part-time for Aol's local news website Patch.com, some consultant work for a marketing company and I just started a new job at an online bookstore that sells rare, antique and limited edition books and they're also a publisher. The office is only 3 miles away, so it's a short commute and it's fascinating! There's lots of room for growth in this job and the owner has told me that she's grooming me to eventually manage it! Then maybe I can quit the other part-time jobs!

                But, in the meantime I'm just hanging in there; doing my best and dreaming of the day when I'll be able to go camping again!

                I hope you have good weather during your Scout camping trip; where are you going?

                ~ Beth

                --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

                > Becky, your new camper sounds great! I've kayaked along stretches of the Ohio River, and enjoy seeing the campers and people...and dogs!
                >
                > Beth, there are no words. I'll pray for you. I know how hard it is to recover from an unexpected blow. But you seem pretty strong.And yes, do what you love...go with girl friends now. Ladies camping clubs with little, clever campers are all the rage.
                >
                > I started a new job in September. I'm the editor of the Journal and Noble County Leader...a weekly newspaper in Caldwell, Ohio; a town about half-an-hour from where I live in Cambridge. Becky, I'll bet you know where it is.
                > Waiting out the winter. Didn't get much camping in last summer...never took out the pop-up, though we used it as a guest house once or twice!
                > Going tent camping with the scouts in two weeks.
                >
                > God bless.
                > Anne
                >

                > ________________________________

              • anne chlovechok
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                  We're going to the local Boy Scout camp...about half-an-hour away. Ideal weather for this sort of thing is below freezing with a few inches of snow on the ground.
                  So far we haven't had any! What you don't want is cold, wet, muddy. Ug.
                  Anne

                  Thanks so much for your kind words and all prayers are appreciated. :-) Even though it's been the better part of a year since I found out about my ex-husband, I'm still stunned but it is what it is; so I'm just doing my best to move on. I'm still working part-time for Aol's local news website Patch.com, some consultant work for a marketing company and I just started a new job at an online bookstore that sells rare, antique and limited edition books and they're also a publisher. The office is only 3 miles away, so it's a short commute and it's fascinating! There's lots of room for growth in this job and the owner has told me that she's grooming me to eventually manage it! Then maybe I can quit the other part-time jobs!

                  But, in the meantime I'm just hanging in there; doing my best and dreaming of the day when I'll be able to go camping again!

                  I hope you have good weather during your Scout camping trip; where are you going?

                  ~ Beth

                  --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

                  > Becky, your new camper sounds great! I've kayaked along stretches of the Ohio River, and enjoy seeing the campers and people...and dogs!
                  >
                  > Beth, there are no words. I'll pray for you. I know how hard it is to recover from an unexpected blow. But you seem pretty strong.And yes, do what you love...go with girl friends now. Ladies camping clubs with little, clever campers are all the rage.
                  >
                  > I started a new job in September. I'm the editor of the Journal and Noble County Leader...a weekly newspaper in Caldwell, Ohio; a town about half-an-hour from where I live in Cambridge. Becky, I'll bet you know where it is.
                  > Waiting out the winter. Didn't get much camping in last summer...never took out the pop-up, though we used it as a guest house once or twice!
                  > Going tent camping with the scouts in two weeks.
                  >
                  > God bless.
                  > Anne

                • Happy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
                    Anne;

                    I hope you'll get snow before the camping trip! I agree.... camping in cold, muddy conditions isn't much fun. Been there, done that!