Re: Computer Crashed and update on Redagain

  • ahhh, hummm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      Thanks for the update, Meanwhile, I am on and off the computer myself
      as I am doing all email from public stations at the Tupelo Hospital.
      My aunt had a stoke last weekend and I have been with her since then.
      Most of last week was in the Stoke unit here but now we have been
      moved to the Rehab unit.
      My aunt is getting stronger and has been able to speak three
      different sentences during the day. AND two different times was able
      to ask for something..
      "Can I trouble you to off the lights?" - much better than just
      pointing and waiting till we figtured out what she needed and
      improvement on .. just lights as it was on Monday.
      "Patti, tired now, I want to go" and she nodded toward the bed. This
      was after the doctors had ordered her to set up three times today..
      and on the last time this evening while we were watching tv, she
      called out to me.

      The biggest thing of the past week was on Thursday, a visit from her
      husband, my uncle. As hard as it is for me to deal with my aunt being
      sick, it is far harder on my uncle as his wife is just about the last
      link he has to the real world. My uncle Bob is more off in the world
      of Alzheimer's.

      ANYWAY... the nursing home got him up here on Thur. and my aunt's
      face light up so bright! The timing of the visit came just as there
      was a group of doctors outside the room, talking about her process
      and different tests. They said "well, we see she has the most
      important memory here." Different nurses popped over to look in as
      folks said it was like a love movie cause the way the two held hands
      and stared into each other's faces. That was the best that both knew
      each other. Later, my uncle talked of seeing if they could bring
      (long dead)the cat called Poo and the dog called Puddles up there to
      visit too. The dog was given away six months ago to some friends back
      in NC. Oh yea.. he called the nursing home a hotel and told her the
      maid there was something else cause she came into the room all in a
      hurry to get him ready for the Cab to bring him here.
      The maid is the young lady who is the RN and the Cab was the car of
      the owner of the place and drove him up here in her car.

      A funny time came when he was answening back to a comment about HIS
      feet being so swell up.. "I think it is just them reacting to those
      ugly shoes!"

      The doctors tell me, this is a small stoke. .. hate to see a full
      blow one!

      Thanks for listening and any prayers you all can send our way. Guess
      I will have to wait till much later before I can do any camping this
      summer.
      hugs from Mississippi
      redagain/patti

      --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne"

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
        Patti; I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health troubles- but
        what a sweet story about your aunt and uncle having such a nice
        visit! How wonderful of you to do so much for them!

        I hope all is well with you- please keep us posted on how things are
        going when you can!

        {{{hugs!}}}

        ~ Beth

        --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "ahhh, hummm"