The last month of winter is coming!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
      Hi All!

      Tomorrow is the first day of March.... the last month of winter and first month of spring!!! Camping season is almost here!

      The only bad news is that what with the price of gas going up so quickly, we're not sure how much traveling we'll be doing. We'd been looking at camp grounds all over New England, but if gas keeps going up like this, we may be doing "Stay-cations" at home!

      Do you think fuel costs will affect your camping season this year?

      Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
          Hi Joyce;

          We've had three of days of snow, sleet and rain, too.... ugh.... I can't wait for all this to be over-with, too!

          Yes, stay-cations aren't quite the same, but when you only get an average of 8 miles to the gallon, you can't go far without spending a lot of money. Just keeping the liquid propane gas furnace and water heater going this winter has put a crimp in our budget; gas is costing us almost $100 more a month than it did last fall. I hope it doesn't go too much higher, as well- in fast, I hope it goes back down again! I don't know how realistic those hopes are, but I can wish, can't I?