Computer Crashed!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi All!

      Just a quick post to let you know that my computer crashed and I will
      be off the air for a few weeks! I'll miss you all!
    • ahhh, hummm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
        Thanks for the update, Meanwhile, I am on and off the computer myself
        as I am doing all email from public stations at the Tupelo Hospital.
        My aunt had a stoke last weekend and I have been with her since then.
        Most of last week was in the Stoke unit here but now we have been
        moved to the Rehab unit.
        My aunt is getting stronger and has been able to speak three
        different sentences during the day. AND two different times was able
        to ask for something..
        "Can I trouble you to off the lights?" - much better than just
        pointing and waiting till we figtured out what she needed and
        improvement on .. just lights as it was on Monday.
        "Patti, tired now, I want to go" and she nodded toward the bed. This
        was after the doctors had ordered her to set up three times today..
        and on the last time this evening while we were watching tv, she
        called out to me.

        The biggest thing of the past week was on Thursday, a visit from her
        husband, my uncle. As hard as it is for me to deal with my aunt being
        sick, it is far harder on my uncle as his wife is just about the last
        link he has to the real world. My uncle Bob is more off in the world
        of Alzheimer's.

        ANYWAY... the nursing home got him up here on Thur. and my aunt's
        face light up so bright! The timing of the visit came just as there
        was a group of doctors outside the room, talking about her process
        and different tests. They said "well, we see she has the most
        important memory here." Different nurses popped over to look in as
        folks said it was like a love movie cause the way the two held hands
        and stared into each other's faces. That was the best that both knew
        each other. Later, my uncle talked of seeing if they could bring
        (long dead)the cat called Poo and the dog called Puddles up there to
        visit too. The dog was given away six months ago to some friends back
        in NC. Oh yea.. he called the nursing home a hotel and told her the
        maid there was something else cause she came into the room all in a
        hurry to get him ready for the Cab to bring him here.
        The maid is the young lady who is the RN and the Cab was the car of
        the owner of the place and drove him up here in her car.

        A funny time came when he was answening back to a comment about HIS
        feet being so swell up.. "I think it is just them reacting to those
        ugly shoes!"

        The doctors tell me, this is a small stoke. .. hate to see a full
        blow one!

        Thanks for listening and any prayers you all can send our way. Guess
        I will have to wait till much later before I can do any camping this
        summer.
        hugs from Mississippi
        redagain/patti

        --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
          Patti; I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health troubles- but
          what a sweet story about your aunt and uncle having such a nice
          visit! How wonderful of you to do so much for them!

          I hope all is well with you- please keep us posted on how things are
          going when you can!

          {{{hugs!}}}

          ~ Beth

          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "ahhh, hummm"