Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: Happy New Year (Belated!)

  • anne chlovechok
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
      Thanks, Beth. Jim (my ex...still on very good terms) died in a house fire in September. Never woke up, thank God. We have five children. Now I'm trying to put it all back together. You can imagine. No insurance, we're losing the house. Good grief. But we'll be fine...thank God for social security (I'm on the dole!) and for the loving support of friends and family. I think faith and attitude are everything. I'm looking for a full time job now, which will cut into the camping, I'm afraid. Odd place to find myself at 48. But you never know.

      It was chilly...but we kept warm with layers, campfire, good sleeping bags, toasty toes and dinner in the lodge!
      Anne

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
        Anne;

        I'm so sorry! :-(

        I might know of some work for you; I've been working for AOL since November and managed to get my daughter a job with them, too. It's on-line and from wherever you can get on the Internet. All you need are writing and computer skills- nothing hard.

        Let me know if you are interested. You can call me if you want- (774-237-0388) I'll be home all day except to take the dog out for a half hour walk around noonish.

      • anne chlovechok
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
          What sort of writing do they need, Beth? (I can't call right now...I'm at work).
          Anne

          I might know of some work for you; I've been working for AOL since November and managed to get my daughter a job with them, too. It's on-line and from wherever you can get on the Internet. All you need are writing and computer skills- nothing hard.

          Let me know if you are interested. You can call me if you want- (774-237-0388) I'll be home all day except to take the dog out for a half hour walk around noonish.

          ~ Beth

          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Beth. Jim (my ex...still on very good terms) died in a house fire in
          > September. Never woke up, thank God. We have five children. Now I'm trying to
          > put it all back together. You can imagine. No insurance, we're losing the house.
          > Good grief. But we'll be fine...thank God for social security (I'm on the dole!)
          > and for the loving support of friends and family. I think faith and attitude are
          > everything. I'm looking for a full time job now, which will cut into the
          > camping, I'm afraid. Odd place to find myself at 48. But you never know.
          >

          > It was chilly...but we kept warm with layers, campfire, good sleeping bags,
          > toasty toes and dinner in the lodge!
          > Anne
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Elizabeth Allbright
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
            OH Anne! So sorry you're going through these kind of challenges! Life just tosses us whatever...and you're so right, it's all about your attitude.
            I would also recommend this blog: http://workathomemafia.com/   she posts lots of work at home jobs and the posts are quite detailed. Also, since she has a ton of experience in the field, I trust her listings.
            Best of luck to you!
            ~Lizbeth

          • anne chlovechok
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
              Thanks, Lizbeth!

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
                Just short blurbs, for their news site "Patch" (www.Patch.com) no special training is needed. I am a "Calender Editor" and they're also branching me into some other categories as well. They had me free-lancing as a Business Directory Editor for while, because the Calender Editor job that I applied for didn't start for a few weeks and they needed some people for their Business Directory department in the mean time. But, this is s real job with Health Benefits through Aetna and a 401K. AOL is still building this site, so I haven't found my hours to be too regular, yet. Sometimes I'm going like crazy and sometimes my hours are fewer, but it should settle down eventually. What they need are people who can write; it doesn't have to be profound, but it does have to be correct. Apparently, what with texting and all, they're having a hard time finding people who can still compose full sentences with the proper upper and lower case letters, punctuation and words completely spelled out, etc.

                Just let me know if you'd like more information. ~ Beth

                --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

                > What sort of writing do they need, Beth? (I can't call right now...I'm at work).
                > Anne
              • anne chlovechok
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
                  I would, thanks. I'm a part-time newspaper feature writer at a daily in SE Ohio, so I should be able to handle the writing aspect. I am curious. (And I've only just learned how to text, so shouldn't be too corrupted yet!)

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
                    Anne;

                    Try this site: http://www.patch.com/ and then click on "Ohio" on the right. Look for towns anywhere near you, although they don't have to be in your area. I'm working on some cities that are almost 100 miles away. There should be a lead editor shown in the upper-left hand corner, with his or her email address. I would write a REALLY GOOD letter to a handful of editors, telling them about yourself, your experience and your interest in working for them. Be up-beat and enthusiastic; that's what they're looking for. You might mention that you know someone who already works for Patch who thinks you'd be good at it- they don't know me since I'm across the Country, but it might help.

                    Feel free to call if you want to talk about it. ~ Beth

                    --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

                    > I would, thanks. I'm a part-time newspaper feature writer at a daily in SE Ohio,
                    > so I should be able to handle the writing aspect. I am curious. (And I've only
                    > just learned how to text, so shouldn't be too corrupted yet!)
                    > Anne
                  • anne chlovechok
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
                      Interesting!

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
                        Beth,

                        Check out the campgrounds in Salisbury Beach, small quite and not many kids it is called Beach Rose Campground.
                        I will try and think of some others also.

                        Joyce

                        In a message dated 1/31/2011 10:54:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, anne_chlovechok@... writes:

                        I wish I could go to an adults only campground! Someday. Not yet, that's for sure! Anne

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011

                          There were lots of shady sites there, I  don' know how big there were. I will check on some other campgrounds too!
                          Joyce

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 31, 2011
                            Thanks so much, Joyce! I REALLY appreciate your input! ! Beth

                            > There were lots of shady sites there, I don' know how big there were. I
                            > will check on some other campgrounds too!
                            > Joyce
                          • Happy
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 29, 2012
                              Anne; I've found Adult Only campgrounds to be much more peaceful and relaxing! I'm sold on the idea!