Happy Thanksgiving!

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2010
      Good gosh, I've been trying to get here all month! I quit my old job, but have yet to be replaced there; and I started a new job three weeks ago, so I'm working two jobs at once and that amounts to 7 days a week, and I've barely found time to eat, never mind to visit all my favorite websites!

      But, oh well, at least I have work; things being what they are these days, I have to be grateful for that.

      Our motor home is wrapped up for the winter. :-( I always hate putting it away at the end of the season; knowing that our camping trips are over for the year. We've been doing a lot of trips to Vermont the last few years because it's close by and we have lots of family there, but we're considering maybe trying somewhere new in 2011. We're somewhat limited by the size of our motor home, as many campgrounds don't have sites big enough for us, or if they do, we're so crammed in that our awnings touch the awnings of the motor home or trailer next door -really not a good situation if there's any wind- the awnings batter each other like a pair of dueling cavaliers; so we're casting about for ideas if anyone has any suggestions. The other limitation is that some places don't allow pets or don't allow pets over a certain size- what with Sammy somewhere around 100 pounds, we need a place that allows big dogs.

      A friend suggested a place up in New Hampshire that has really huge sites and is tucked up in the White Mountains; we're considering that, as it would be an easy day's drive.

      Is anyone traveling for the long holiday weekend? We'll be staying home- I have to work all weekend- UGH! But, we are going out for Thanksgiving dinner. I've never eaten out for Thanksgiving before, but I just don't have time to cook and clean up after the big holiday meal, so we decided just to eat out at a favorite restaurant; the Barnstable Tavern. It's a neat old place that has been there since Colonial times and the food is always excellent.

      Well, it's time to get to work once again! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

      ~ Beth & Lorne and Sammy & Triton
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2010

        We are staying home for the holidays. There are many campgrounds in Maine that have lots large enough for your camper. The place we stayed in Bar Harbor, the bigger RV's were their main focus.
        Our camper has been winterized for a month now, sad to put it away, we had a wonderful summer.
        What campground in the White Mountains, I have stayed at a couple of campgrounds in NH.

        Joyce

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
          Hello, Joyce;

          I just looked at the New England radar map and saw that Maine is getting swamped in a huge deluge of rain! At least it's not snow, but I hope that it doesn't cause any flooding up where you are.

          We've been talking about the possibility of doing some camping in Maine next year. Part of it depends on how much time we have to camp; Lorne wants to spend two weeks going up to see his family in Canada and doing some sight-seeing as we make the circle up through New York to Canada and then come home through Vermont; and we'd like to try a campground that I had mentioned before in New Hampshire... I'll try to find out what the name is and I'll let you know.

          In the mean time, I've been working like crazy at my new job and trying to get my Christmas things done on time. Phew! What a hectic fall this has been! The good news is that at least I'm only working one job now; last week was my first week at being down to the one job and it sure takes a load off my schedule. Now if I can just get through the holidays!

          Hope all is well with you!

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010

            We got plenty of rain, it is still raining, but warm. It is going to turn cold tomorrow no snow in site as of yet.
            I got all my Christmas shopping done, I still have wrapping though.

            I would love to do a seasonal site again, but my husband wants something a little closer, I am going to check out a campground in Newport, Me that does April to September sites.
            There a are so many beautiful campgrounds here in Maine, some are so expensive especially in Southern, Maine I just can't afford to go  there in Mid season. The price of gas is rising again, so our trips will have to be well planned out.

            I am glad you are settling into your new job. I know what you mean getting through the holidays well 12 more days and Christmas will be upon us.

            Happy Holidays to you and your family.

            Joyce