Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: Hi Joyce;

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 24, 2010
      Hi Beth,

      I haven't found any place yet, I want to checkout a campground about an hour and 15 minutes a way from here they also offer 3 month stay for the summer, I really liked leaving the camper in one spot and traveling every Thursday after work. But not Bar Harbor this time it was quite the long ride. This is a little closer, but I haven't had a chance to visit the campground yet.

      We have plans for Halloween weekend we are going to Bethel Maine and staying over night they are having a dance and party so it should be lots of fun, we are going with 2 other couples. We are staying at Sunday River Resort, I hope it is lots of fun.

      Joyce

      In a message dated 10/24/2010 10:16:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blp7171@... writes:
      Hello, Joyce;

      We've had quite a bit of wind and rain, too, although the last few days have been pleasant- breezy and cool (temps in the 50's) but sunny.  It looks as though we're in for a dark, damp week coming up to get us into the mood for Halloween.  Today, most of the grandkids will be over for a pumpkin carving day- should be a busy and messy day!

      Have you picked out any camp grounds for next year, yet?  We're looking at a State Park in the Lake Champlain Islands that we checked out this summer, but we haven't made any concrete plans, yet.  We're still considering going to some new places, too- something within a day's drive of the Cape.  Like you, we're hoping to find somewhere nice to go.

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 27, 2010
        Happy Birthday, Joyce!

        I hope you have something fun planned for your special day!

        Are you going to drive to this other campground and look it over?

        Your Halloween weekend sounds like a wonderful time! Is it a costumed event? I'm not big into dressing up, but I do love to see other people's costumes; some people are SO clever when they rig something up! Last year, my daughter Virginia and her hubby went to a party as Morticia and Gomez Addams and they looked GREAT!

        Please let us know how it goes!

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 27, 2010
          Hi Beth,

          Thanks  for  the birthday wishes, I am going to drive to the campground and check it out.
          I don't like to dress up either, this party is I think a fifties theme. I am not sure If I am going to wear 50's clothing or not.

          Joyce

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 24, 2010
            Joyce;

            How did you like the campground?

            I saw your photos of the 50's party on Facebook; it looked like fun! Now nice of Elvis to drop in! The costumes were a hoot!

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 24, 2010
              Hi Beth,

              It was fun, not to many people stayed for the dance it was a party that was giving tribute to all the people who drive for Community Concepts Transportation,this is a group that transport low income people or the elderly to dr.app. and other places they get paid gas mileage . My friend is retired and he does this a few days a week, so a lot of elderly people volunteer and they went home early. LOL
              We still had fun!

              Joyce