New Photos from our recent camping trip to the Lake Champlain Islands in Vermont

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2010
      Hello, Everyone!

      Just a quick post about the photos I just uploaded from our last venture. We went up to our favorite campground, Champlain Campground on Grand Isle, Vermont. ( http://www.champlainresort.com/ ) We spent 13 days up there, enjoying the peace and quiet, especially since it was the end up the season and the weather wasn't great, so many people stayed away. But, even though it was blustery most of the time, it did allow us to rest up- something we desperately needed- as we slept at least 10 hours a night every night and even napped some during the day! There's nothing like the pitter-patter of rain on the roof of the motor home to lull you to sleep!

      But, we did get out and have some fun, too. When the weather was good, we went for drives and walks to see the beautiful countryside, and one day my sister Nancy and her niece, Brooke, took Lorne & I apple picking at Allenholm Farm, which I think is in South Hero, the southern most town in the Lake Champlain Islands, They stayed to walk along the lake with us, too, since the sun had finally come out that day. You can see that Sammy especially enjoyed Brooke's visit. Sammy: "Rub my belly, please!"

      One day we took the Grand Isle ferry over to New York State and took photos from the lake, including shots of our campsite; you can just see the motor home through the trees!

      It looks as though we'll be winterizing the motor home this weekend; always a sad chore! *sigh* Is it spring, yet?

      Hope you all had a wonderful camping season!

      ~ Beth & Lorne (and Sammy & Triton)