Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: 4th of July Camping!

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1 6:01 PM
      Have a safe fun camping trip.

      Joyce

      In a message dated 6/30/2010 9:08:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blp7171@... writes:
      Joyce;

      I'm sure you're right.  Like I said, I'm just cheap!  :-)

      Have a wonderful time!  I hope you have good weather for all your outdoor activities!

      We're rolling out for the holiday, too, but only for a short trip.  All the same, we're really looking forward to getting away for some fun and relaxation, too!

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 13 12:01 PM
        Hello, Joyce;

        We did have a safe, trip, thanks, but it was not as much fun as we'd hoped it would be. We were excited about spending time with family and friends up in Vermont, but while there, my Mom told me that she isn't going to pursue chemo any more and that her cancer is spreading rapidly. Of course, this was just awful news and between that and an obnoxious neighbor at the site next door, it wasn't what we'd hoped for. But, I did get to take some nice photos, which I'll post soon.

        How was your vacation? What kind of things did you get to do?

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 13 3:24 PM

          I am so sorry to hear about your mom and her journey with Cancer, she should like a very strong woman and wants to live out the rest of her life with out going through chemo treatments.

          I can't wait to see your pictures, I have to post my too! We had a great time, the weather was wonderful.

          Joyce

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 15 7:27 AM
            Hi Joyce;

            Yes, she is very strong- she has to be to have survived the 12 year battle with cancer and chemo that she's endured so far. Unfortunately, at this point, between her age and the ravages of the various treatments her doctors have had her on, the chemo is actually more detrimental to her health than the cancer. I'd be doing the same thing in her shoes, but it doesn't make it any easier.

            I'm going to try to get some photos up today. I can't wait to see yours, too! I'm so glad to hear that your trip went well!

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 15 7:00 PM

              I am sure it doesn't make it any easier, but she is wants to make  the rest of her time a little better without all those treatments.

              We are in Bar Harbor, Obama is here with his family and everything is closed down in and around Around Arcadia.I have my granddaughter with me and we will just spend time in the pool, it is a hot weekend.

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 22 5:24 PM
                Hello, Joyce;

                Yes, you're right about the chemo treatments; I completely respect her decision to stop them after all these years. Even though they are killing the cancer, the side effects are so severe that after 12 years they are more lethal than the disease they are meant to treat. I've been talking to my Dad everyday; and my Mom, too, when she's well enough to be on the phone to offer what moral support I can from 2000 miles away and keep up on her condition. *sigh* This is hard. :-(

                I'm glad that you & your grand-daughter had a pool to cool off in while it's been so hot! It's too bad that everything was closed down last weekend. I hear that the Obamas are going to the Gulf Coast for their next vacation, so hopefully your next weekend at the campground will have more activity options open to you!

                I've been so busy that I still haven't had time to get any new photos up on this site.... lots of babysitting of grandchildren in my spare time. Maybe tomorrow after I run my errands.... ?

                Hope all is going well and you're staying cool~ Beth

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 23 6:24 PM
                  Your mother is a brave woman and knows what she wants for the life she has left. She is one strong lady.
                  yes, we had a great time last weekend.

                  I just love it in Bar Harbor, so peaceful and restful.
                  We walked and hiked about 10 miles today it was so much fun.

                  Joyce

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 25 12:16 PM
                    Hi Joyce;

                    I hope your weather has been cooler than ours, if you're hiking and biking ten miles a day! I can't remember another summer when we've had such a long hot streak. Did you go for a good swim, afterward?

                    How do you like keeping your camper at one place so far? Do you think you might like to try some summers at other places, as well?

                    PS: Thanks for your kind words about my Mom.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 25 3:58 PM

                      I love keeping my camper in one place. I am going to probably try it again next year, I am not sure if it will be in Bar Harbor. I might  try someplace else like southern Maine area.

                      yes, it was hot we walked forever, it was suppose to be a 1.6 mile walk and then we hooked up on another trail and then another before we knew it was around  a 10 mile walk.  We stopped had a nice lunch on Jordan Pond Restaurant that in Arcadia, the area we were hiking around when I got back to the campground, I took a nice long swim.

                      Beth your mom sounds like such a brave woman.
                      Joyce

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 26 4:43 PM
                        Hi Joyce;

                        We've toyed with the idea of keeping the motor home in one place, too, except that we need it to tote our pets with us- we'd never get our dog & cat in the cab of our little Ford Ranger for a long trip!

                        Yes, my Mom has been very brave.... thanks.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 27 4:32 PM

                          That is true, not much room in the Ford Ranger.

                          I really like staying in one spot and just driving back and forth .

                          Joyce