Memorial Day Weekend in Vermont

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 3:56 PM
      Hello!

      We just returned from spending last Thursday through today in Vermont. It wasn't a real camping trip, except that we did travel & stay in our motor home and we did get to sit around a campfire every night. We took my brother with us for the 6+ hour drive to northern Vermont, where we parked at my sister & BIL's place and my brother stayed in the house with them. They live on a lovely, quiet lane that used to be a maple-sugaring road and they have enough land for us to find a level spot for the motor home, with access to electricity and water.

      It was a wonderful long weekend; we hiked Eagle Mountain and drove through the Lake Champlain Islands, stopping at the Champlain Campground that we stayed at last year to make reservations for this summer. My sister & BIL have a fire pit in their back yard, so we would gather at the pit every evening for chatting and laughing around the fire.

      We took lots of photos- I'll post some when I get a chance to get them out of the camera.

      I hope that you all have a great holiday weekend!

      ~ Beth & Lorne

        Message 3 of 5 , May 31 5:38 PM

          We love it, too! Sometimes those family yards are just as much fun as a campground (sometimes even BETTER, depending on the campground) and you can't beat the rates- although we did buy takeout Chinese for everyone one night and filled up BIL's truck with gas (lent to us for the afternoon) to try to repay their many kindnesses.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010

            What a good way to say thanks for camping in their yard. That is what we did too! We took my cousin and her husband out to dinner and paid for gas.
            They showed all over the Schoonic area of Arcadia.

            Joyce

            Joyce;

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2010

              Well, it's the least we can do! :-)

              How did you like the Schoonic area of Arcadia?