Re: Spring is Springing!

  • RebeccaC
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
      Beth -

      We've got everything back down to the river... but have not found a spare minute to enjoy it yet! We've been running in circles it seems. I just had to put my mom into constant nursing caren(nursing home)with her Alzheimers. So getting her moved/settled has taken all free minutes. Now to clean out her house that she has occupied since 1952! OMG - it's amazing how stuff accumulates! At least it's only 10 minutes away from our house - so I can work on it - bit by bit.

      I am hoping to steal away this weekend and get to enjoy the mighty Ohio River! I've got the furry boys bag packed - so if Jim says were headed out - at least their ready to roll.

      It was too funny to hear you say - "unwrap the motorhome". I envisioned a GIANT twinkie!

      Where are you guys moving to? Safe travels!

      Becky, Jim, Braddock & the Furry Kids
      Athens, OH
      Message 2 of 12 , May 11, 2010
        Joyce;

        Hello! Wow, time has just flown by! Lorne & I have moved to a new place, just a few miles from the old one, but so much nicer! We're in a cute little apartment down a quiet road with a few small farms and situated on a pond, so we have water views from our kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. There's also a deck off the kitchen that overlooks the pond, as well; we just couldn't ask for a more perfect spot! We've been busy settling in and haven't had much time to be on line for the last few weeks. We're still not done, but have gotten to the point where we can take a little time to relax at home once in a while!

        Easter at Popham Beach sounds great! We're hoping to go out on our first 2010 journey soon, ourselves- fingers are crossed that all goes smoothly!

        Hope all is well with you~ Beth

        Message 3 of 12 , May 11, 2010
          Becky;

          I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease; I hope the new home helps the situation - there's a lot more they can do for Alzheimer patients nowadays than there used to be. I can't even imagine how much work it must be to deal with her house, as well! My hat's off to you!

          I hope you managed to get away on weekend or too at the river since you last wrote; you SO deserve it!

          And yes, we did 'unwrap' the motor home- like a big Twinkie! Hubby has been trying to ready it in his spare time so we can hit the road sometime soon; we'll probably head up to Vermont again to visit with family up there and see my nephew & his wife's new baby, born last March. BTW, I just found out today that I'm going to be a grandma again- one of my daughter's is due in October!

          Safe travels to you, too! ~ Beth

          Message 4 of 12 , May 11, 2010
            Hi Beth,

            We haven't even taken the cover off our camper yet, we to get out do some camping in June, My daughter is getting married June 26, that is also my anniversary. So we will be busy in June. Yes, time is flying by. I can't believe that it is almost summer.

            Joyce

            Message 5 of 12 , May 12, 2010
              Hi Joyce;

              I hope the camping weather in June is a little warmer than it is, now! We're still getting night-time tamps in the 30's, so it's still a bit chilly.

              Congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding! And your anniversary, too! What year anniversary will it be this year? Is your daughter getting married locally? I can bet that you'll be very busy for the next month or two- weddings tend to take on a life of their own, no matter how simple you try to make it! Hope all the plans are running on schedule.

              Will you get to work three day work-weeks again this summer? I really enjoy the shorter work weeks, but too bad my hubby still has to work 5, 6 or 7 day weeks- which really puts a damper on getting away to go camping! I'm hoping to spring him out of work early at least a few times so we can get out in the motor home now & then.

              :-)

              Take care~ Beth

              Message 6 of 12 , May 13, 2010
                Hi Beth,

                I will be married for 39 years on June 26.  My daughter is getting married at Popham Beach Fort, in Phippsburg, Me it is not to far from Boothbay Harbor, Me.  They are having an informal wedding casual wear on the beach, then the reception at their home in Gardner, Me, I hope it is a nice day and no rain.

                Joyce

                Message 7 of 12 , May 13, 2010
                  Hello,

                  My 3 day work weeks start June 14.