Spring is Springing!

  • RebeccaC
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 26, 2010
      Spring is Springing and our campground is starting to waken up from it's deep winter sleep.

      We're hauling stuff back to the river this weekend. A couple of families have already stayed. Unfortunately - the water is not on yet - but who minds brushing their teeth in the front yard with a jug of water! No need to worry about your hair - it's still cool - wear a hat! And what's an extra blanket on the bed! Furry kids can provide the warmth if really needed - at least in our camper - they do.

      I can almost smell the smores! Time to watch the baby geese.

      Becky, Jim, Braddock and the Furry Kids!
      Athens, OH

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 13, 2010
          Becky;

          Have you spent the weekend at your site, yet? We just unwrapped our motor home last weekend and loaded everything back in that we took out last fall.

          We're in the middle of moving, so we aren't sure what this unexpected move is going to do to our camping plans for the season, but we're still hoping for a few outings.

          Hope all is well!

          ~ Beth

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 13, 2010
            Joyce;

            We had one nice summery day, too, just before Easter when our temps hit the low to mid 70's! What a treat! We had all the windows wide open and it was SO NICE to let some fresh air in the house for a change!

            Have you opened up your camper, yet?

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 13, 2010
              Hi Beth,

              We have had 3 really nice weekends, not in a row, Easter we went to Popham Beach  for a cookout we grilled ham steaks and potato and carrots, pineapple too!

              We also went to Hampton Beach a few weeks ago and spent the weekend, we walked all the beaches it was a beautiful Saturday,nice and warm. We hit Rye Beach, Salisbury Beach, Hampton Beach.

              You can dry camp at Salisbury State Park Reserve (it is right on the ocean.) for free before April 15, which I  didn't know about until I went into the park and saw people camping.

              We haven't opened our camper yet.

              Nice to hear from you,

              Joyce

              In a message dated 4/13/2010 2:14:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blp7171@... writes:
              Joyce;

              We had one nice summery day, too, just before Easter when our temps hit the low to mid 70's!  What a treat!  We had all the windows wide open and it was SO NICE to let some fresh air in the house for a change!

              Have you opened up your camper, yet?

              > Yea, spring is on its way, we had summer like weather here in Maine last
              > weekend, but today it is cold outside, I thought spring was on its way.

              > Have fun getting back to camping, can't wait until we can get our camper
              > ready.

            • RebeccaC
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 19, 2010
                Beth -

                We've got everything back down to the river... but have not found a spare minute to enjoy it yet! We've been running in circles it seems. I just had to put my mom into constant nursing caren(nursing home)with her Alzheimers. So getting her moved/settled has taken all free minutes. Now to clean out her house that she has occupied since 1952! OMG - it's amazing how stuff accumulates! At least it's only 10 minutes away from our house - so I can work on it - bit by bit.

                I am hoping to steal away this weekend and get to enjoy the mighty Ohio River! I've got the furry boys bag packed - so if Jim says were headed out - at least their ready to roll.

                It was too funny to hear you say - "unwrap the motorhome". I envisioned a GIANT twinkie!

                Where are you guys moving to? Safe travels!

                Becky, Jim, Braddock & the Furry Kids
                Athens, OH
                Message 7 of 12 , May 11, 2010
                  Joyce;

                  Hello! Wow, time has just flown by! Lorne & I have moved to a new place, just a few miles from the old one, but so much nicer! We're in a cute little apartment down a quiet road with a few small farms and situated on a pond, so we have water views from our kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. There's also a deck off the kitchen that overlooks the pond, as well; we just couldn't ask for a more perfect spot! We've been busy settling in and haven't had much time to be on line for the last few weeks. We're still not done, but have gotten to the point where we can take a little time to relax at home once in a while!

                  Easter at Popham Beach sounds great! We're hoping to go out on our first 2010 journey soon, ourselves- fingers are crossed that all goes smoothly!

                  Hope all is well with you~ Beth

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 11, 2010
                    Becky;

                    I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease; I hope the new home helps the situation - there's a lot more they can do for Alzheimer patients nowadays than there used to be. I can't even imagine how much work it must be to deal with her house, as well! My hat's off to you!

                    I hope you managed to get away on weekend or too at the river since you last wrote; you SO deserve it!

                    And yes, we did 'unwrap' the motor home- like a big Twinkie! Hubby has been trying to ready it in his spare time so we can hit the road sometime soon; we'll probably head up to Vermont again to visit with family up there and see my nephew & his wife's new baby, born last March. BTW, I just found out today that I'm going to be a grandma again- one of my daughter's is due in October!

                    Safe travels to you, too! ~ Beth

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 11, 2010
                      Hi Beth,

                      We haven't even taken the cover off our camper yet, we to get out do some camping in June, My daughter is getting married June 26, that is also my anniversary. So we will be busy in June. Yes, time is flying by. I can't believe that it is almost summer.

                      Joyce

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 12, 2010
                        Hi Joyce;

                        I hope the camping weather in June is a little warmer than it is, now! We're still getting night-time tamps in the 30's, so it's still a bit chilly.

                        Congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding! And your anniversary, too! What year anniversary will it be this year? Is your daughter getting married locally? I can bet that you'll be very busy for the next month or two- weddings tend to take on a life of their own, no matter how simple you try to make it! Hope all the plans are running on schedule.

                        Will you get to work three day work-weeks again this summer? I really enjoy the shorter work weeks, but too bad my hubby still has to work 5, 6 or 7 day weeks- which really puts a damper on getting away to go camping! I'm hoping to spring him out of work early at least a few times so we can get out in the motor home now & then.

                        :-)

                        Take care~ Beth

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 13, 2010
                          Hi Beth,

                          I will be married for 39 years on June 26.  My daughter is getting married at Popham Beach Fort, in Phippsburg, Me it is not to far from Boothbay Harbor, Me.  They are having an informal wedding casual wear on the beach, then the reception at their home in Gardner, Me, I hope it is a nice day and no rain.

                          Joyce

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 13, 2010
                            Hello,

                            My 3 day work weeks start June 14.