Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: Merry Christmas

    Message 1 of 66 , Jan 26, 2010
      Beth,

      Nice to hear from you. I hope your mom gets better it is hard to watch our parents become week and in need of help. I will keep her in my prayers.

      We are also looking forward to spring, we had a lot of rain and it has washed away plenty of the snow. We still have some left. No more snow for now!! I hope. LOL

      Take care,

      Joyce

      In a message dated 1/26/2010 11:00:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, blp7171@... writes:
      Joyce;

      Hello!  What a joy to hear from you, too!   Our snow has melted almost completely away.... at least for now!  I'm sure that Old Man Winter has more in store for us before the season is through!

      We're eager to begin camping again, too and have begun to make our plans for spring... Can't wait!

      For now, we've just been hanging in there with work and family;  my Mom took a bad fall and has been in the hospital and now in rehab to get her strength up and some physical therapy, so we've been wringing our hands over that and waiting to see how she does.  She's been fighting cancer off and on for ten years and her most recent bout with chemo so weakened her that she fell and broke her ankle very badly.  She had surgery to fix the breaks and was so weak that they put her in isolation in the hospital, and she continues to be in isolation in rehab; I guess they can't risk any exposure to germs.  Oh dear.  Well, please cross your fingers for us that she mends quickly and regains her strength soon!

      Hope all is well!  :-)  ~  Beth

      Message 66 of 66 , Mar 4, 2010

        yes, a nice weekend coming this weekend, we are going to LL Bean on Saturday, my husbands snowshoes broke and we have to return them. Then we are going to Hermits Island, a campground in Phippsburg, Me to walk around the ocean for a while and have lunch someplace with some friends.
        Sunday we are going to Popham Beach with my daughter and grandchildren  for a family day and a picnic lunch.  I am happy to have a busy weekend and get outdoors.

        Joyce

        In a message dated 3/4/2010 7:08:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, blp7171@... writes:
        Joyce;

        We've had snow falling for the last two days, but the good news is that it's not collecting much; it seems to be melting and/or blowing away before it can stick.  Thank goodness.

        I can't wait for spring too.  I hear that we're supposed to have a nice weekend coming up- we're supposed to see the sun and everything!  I hope I still remember what it looks like!

        :-)

        Take care!  ~  Beth