No Camping :-(

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
      Hello, Everyone!

      Boy, has it been quiet on here! I guess everyone has been busy- me too, actually. I've been babysitting the two youngest grandkids a lot (ten months and 6 years old) lately when I'm not working, so it's been a struggle to get all my housework and errands done or do anything extra, like play on the computer, with little ones around.

      I hope you all had a fun Halloween; this year the only Trick or Treaters who came to haunt us were the grandkids. They were cute and we had a good time, but we missed having other kids show up too.

      We had hoped to do more camping before the end of the year after our trip to The Lake Champlain Islands in Vermont, but there just wasn't time, or I should say, the only weekends we had free, the weather was terrible! Besides, I had the flu for a while, and that ate up a couple of weeks out of the camping season. Now we're starting to winterize the motor home.

      Did anyone else get to do any fall camping?

      ~ Beth & Lorne
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
        Hi Beth,

        Yes the camping site has been quite. I miss hearing from you. We didn't get much camping in the last few weeks of the summer. My grandson has gone back to live with his mother so things are a little more calmer here now LOL.   We are now settling in for the long winter!!!

        I hope to do more camping next season.

        Joyce

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2009
          Joyce;

          I've missed hearing from you, too! Time flies by so quickly; it seems as though I keep thinking I have to get on here and do some posting, up-load photos and rate a camp ground, but I just haven't had much time to be on the computer lately. I promise myself that I will have more spare time in the future, but I've been promising myself that for years now and it just doesn't seem to happen. Does anyone else have that problem?

          You must miss your grandson now that he's gone. We are getting ready for winter, too. No snow yet, but it can't be too far off since we're half-way through November, already!

          We're hoping to do more camping, too, but we're watching the economy to see if we'll be able to afford to camp next year. I'm afraid that it's going to take years and years before the economy recovers and in the meantime, we aren't making any concrete travel plans- as much as we'd like to!