Happy Labor Day Weekend!

  • bethlornep
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
      Hi All!

      We're headed out tomorrow morning for ten days in the Lake Champlain Islands (Vermont) and will return with a report and photos of the campground we'll stay at.

      Hope you all have a wonderful, safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

      :-)

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
        Hi Beth,

        Have a great time. That is a beautiful area.

        Joyce

        In a message dated 9/3/2009 7:07:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blp7171@... writes:
        Hi All!

        We're headed out tomorrow morning for ten days in the Lake Champlain Islands (Vermont) and will return with a report and photos of the campground we'll stay at.

        Hope you all have a wonderful, safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

        :-)

            mailto:thehappycampers8-D-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:thehappycampers8-D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • anne chlovechok
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
          Thanks! We're going camping at Hillview Acres, north of Cambridge between I-70 and Salt Fork State Park. It's nice. It'll be the last jaunt for the pop-up this fall. After that, it's all Boy Scout camping in tents.

          It's been quite a day...almost lost our dog, Sam. He's a year old Labradoodle. His stomach flipped over, and if my daughter and son hadn't brought it to my attention when they were taking care of his morning routine, he would have died. We got him to the vet on time, and they were able to save him...they knocked him out, tubed him to release all the built up gas, and turned his stomach without surgery, much like turning a breech baby in utero, I think. He's spending the weekend at the vet hospital for observation. We'll take our little yorkie with us. Ironically, my sister's big dog, Buddy, died of this condition Monday night in Dayton. This is why I recognized the symptoms. Isn't life funny? Have a great weekend. Anne

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
            Anne,

            Have a wonderful camping trip. I hope your dog feels better.

            Joyce

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 20, 2009
              Thanks, Joyce! We did have a GREAT time! ~ Beth

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 20, 2009
                Anne;

                How did you camping trip go? I hope you all had fun! Any photos?

                That's quite the story about poor Sam! I'm so glad to hear that he's okay now and I hope he goes on the live many happy, healthy years! What were his symptoms? I've heard of that problem but never heard what to look for.

                ~ Beth

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2010
                  Hello, Everyone!

                  Yes, I know I'm early, but since I won't be around for the holiday, I just wanted to wish everyone a fun, safe Labor Day Weekend... the last hurrah of summer.

                  ~ Beth & Lorne
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1, 2010
                    Hi Beth,

                    You have a great vacation and have a little fun.

                    Joyce