Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: 4th of July Camping

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 13, 2009
      Hi Beth,

      What a wonderful weekend for a change. We camped with some friends of ours and had a great time.

      I was so busy I never  got a change to take pictures. We camped at Old Orchard Beach. Hid'n Pines Campground. Nice campground.

      Joyce

      In a message dated 7/13/2009 6:12:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blp7171@... writes:
      Joyce;

      We had sunshine, too- boy is it nice to get several sunny days in a row for a change!

          mailto:thehappycampers8-D-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:thehappycampers8-D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 2, 2009
        Joyce;

        I'm so glad you had fun! It was long over due to get some good weather!

        What was the camp ground like? Was it crowded? Did you get to spend much time at the beach?

        We're planning to go back to Vermont for about 8 days in September and will probably camp on my sister & BIL's property again- if all goes well.

        Any plans for your next trip, yet?

        > What a wonderful weekend for a change. We camped with some friends of ours
        > and had a great time.
        >
        > I was so busy I never got a change to take pictures. We camped at Old
        > Orchard Beach. Hid'n Pines Campground. Nice campground.
        >
        > Joyce
      • Joyce
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 3, 2009
          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne" <blp7171@...> wrote:

          > Joyce;
          >
          > I'm so glad you had fun! It was long over due to get some good weather!
          >
          > What was the camp ground like? Was it crowded? Did you get to spend much time at the beach?
          >
          > We're planning to go back to Vermont for about 8 days in September and will probably camp on my sister & BIL's property again- if all goes well.
          >
          > Any plans for your next trip, yet?
          >
          > ~ Beth
          >
          > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, Jedcad@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Beth,
          > >
          > > What a wonderful weekend for a change. We camped with some friends of ours
          > > and had a great time.
          > >
          > > I was so busy I never got a change to take pictures. We camped at Old
          > > Orchard Beach. Hid'n Pines Campground. Nice campground.
          > >
          > > Joyce

          Hi Beth,

          We just returned from a wonderful weekend in Bar Harbor the weather was perfect and we had a great time.

          The campground in Old Orchard ,was not bad I had never been there before,there were lots of people but not that crowded. I would go back to that campground.

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 16, 2009
            Joyce;

            I hope the beautiful summer weather is continuing for you! Our weather has been better, too, although a bit hot & humid at times.

            How nice that you had a great camping trip to Bar Harbor!

            We're planning another Vermont getaway for early September. We had such a good time on our last journey up there that we decided to go up again for a longer visit. We're hoping we'll be seeing the beginning of the fall foliage, but leaf peeper season doesn't really start until late September so we might be too early.

            In the mean time, work is really busy and I'm pooped! Are you still on three day weeks?

            Hope you're enjoying your summer!

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 17, 2009
              Hi Beth,

              I am still on my 3 day work schedule till after Labor Day. We have had some hot humid weather here. We spent the weekend at Lake Pemaquid campground, In Damascotta,Me and had a wonderful time.

              I hope this nice weather continues to make up for June and July.

              In a message dated 8/16/2009 11:39:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blp7171@... writes:
              Joyce;

              I hope the beautiful summer weather is continuing for you!  Our weather has been better, too, although a bit hot & humid at times.

              How nice that you had a great camping trip to Bar Harbor!

              We're planning another Vermont getaway for early September.  We had such a good time on our last journey up there that we decided to go up again for a longer visit.  We're hoping we'll be seeing the beginning of the fall foliage, but leaf peeper season doesn't really start until late September so we might be too early.

              In the mean time, work is really busy and I'm pooped!  Are you still on three day weeks?

              Hope you're enjoying your summer!

              > We just returned from a wonderful weekend in Bar Harbor the weather was perfect and we had a great time.
              >
              > The campground in Old Orchard ,was not bad I had never been there before,there were lots of people but not that crowded.  I would go back to that campground.

                  mailto:thehappycampers8-D-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:thehappycampers8-D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • bethlornep
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 24, 2009
                Joyce;

                I'm still working three days a week, too, although I'm doing summer rental 'change-overs' (cleaning) on Saturdays. I'll be very glad when the rentals are at the end of the season!

                Was it any cooler at Lake Pamaquid? I'll have to Google it and see where that is.

                We're still hoping to get away for 10 days next month, but our free Vermont campsite at my sister's is temporarily a no-go. She's been putting off surgery on her neck, which she managed to injure again and may have to have emergency surgery at the time we wanted to visit, so rather than impose on her when she's not well, we're looking for an alternative. Our first choice is a camp ground in the Lake Champlain islands and we're waiting to hear if they have a site open for us. If they don't, we'll see what else is available or maybe put our trip off to another time. My fingers are crossed since this has been a long, busy summer and I was really looking forward to getting away!

                Did you get any wind and rain from Hurricane Bill? We hardly saw any weather from that storm.

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 24, 2009
                  Hi Beth,

                  It wasn't any cooler  at Lake Pemaquid at least not that weekend. I am hoping to go back to Old Orchard Beach this weekend.

                  My 16 year old grandson is living with me now, so it is a little hectic now.

                  What a awful accident that happened in Bar Harbor, that spot that they were standing is very slippery with waves hitting that stone.
                  It was foolish to walk down those stairs and try to hold on to  the rails with waves pounding like that.

                  I hope your summer is going well.

                  Joyce

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 25, 2009
                    Joyce;

                    This has sure been a warm August! I hope you at least have fans in your camper to help you stay cool. I'm a big wimp- I can't camp in extreme heat unless I can get into AC to chill out once in a while!

                    That wave accident was terrible; those people were idiots to go beyond the barriers the Rangers had set up- especially the parents who took their kids out there! It makes me furious that people would endanger their children like that!

                    Our summer is going well thanks- going by quickly- we're staying busy working, spending time with family, and trying to keep up with our household chores and errands. We've made reservations at a small campground on Grand Isle in Vermont (Champlain Campground) for our September vacation and we're really excited about the trip! I'll let everyone know how the accommodations are there after we get back.

                    How is your summer going? Is your grandson going to live with your permanently? I think it's every kids' dream to live with their grandparents!

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 25, 2009
                      Hello,

                      I don't know if it is his dream to live with us, but I think it will help him a great deal with stability and school.
                      He will  be going to Leavitt High School here in Turner.  The bus will pick him up right in front of our door.

                      He just got his new clothes that her ordered and is excited about them.

                      Joyce

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 27, 2009
                        Joyce;

                        Well, it may not be his dream, but I'll bet he's glad, just the same.

                        :-)

                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 28, 2009
                          Hello,

                          I hope so, he is a really good kid, just needs a little help doing the right  things.

                          Joyce.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 28, 2009
                            Joyce;

                            That's what grandparents are for.... a little extra guidance. :-)