Re: First camping trip of the season

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 15, 2009

      Rain, rain and more rain.... ugh! I'm really ready for a long sunny spell, myself!

      The Father's Day camping at Baily's sounds like fun! I'll bet your grandson enjoys it, too. He must be excited to spend the summer with his grandparents. My Dad's parents used to take us camping for three weeks at a time when I was a small child and it was always a really special time.

      Yay for three day work weeks! :-D

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
        Hi Beth,

        Yes, the rain has to come to an end soon!!! I hope he enjoys camping with us, I never really had any grandparents that I was close to, sometime I don't think my grandchildren know how lucky they are to have young grandparents that can do things with them

        Joyce

            mailto:thehappycampers8-D-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:thehappycampers8-D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
          Joyce;

          The sun actually shone for a while, today! It was still cool and breezy out- not sure if we even hit 60 degrees, but at least we got to see some sunshine! It's about time! Sammy & I made the most of it and took a nice, long walk.

          I'm sure your grandson does enjoy spending time with his grandparents. It's too bad that you didn't really get to know your grandparents; I came from a family like the Walton's in that my Mom's parents actually lived with us for quite a while and it was hugely beneficial for us kids since we had more adults to take us under their wing. My Dad's parents visited frequently; I was very close with my Dad's mom- she was and always will be very special to me.

          Are you starting to pack for this weekend, yet?

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
            Hello,

            How lucky to have known your grandparents like that, my mothers parents died when I was young and my fathers grandparents we knew but not that well, we my dad was in the Navy so we spent most of our years in California, so we only met them a few times before they passed away.

            I am ready to go, now they say rain for this weekend, we are going anyways, I am sure there will be others camping in the rain. I am tired of the rain. We made into the 70's today actually 75 today.

            Joyce

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 19, 2009
              Joyce;

              Yes, I do consider myself lucky to have known my all my grandparents and even some of my great grandparents. Both my Mom & Dad were eldest of their siblings & they married young, as did their parents, and there was no great distances between us- it was wonderful to have a large, close family on hand! I was so impressed by grandparents that even as a child, I decided that I couldn't wait to be a grandma and have my own grandkids to dote on. I loved raising my kids, but grandkids are easier; you can just have fun without being a disciplinarian!

              I am SO TIRED of rain, too! I hope you get good weather for your camping trip this weekend- I'll have my fingers crossed for you! Have a GREAT time!

              > Hello,
              >
              > How lucky to have known your grandparents like that, my mothers parents
              > died when I was young and my fathers grandparents we knew but not that well,
              > we my dad was in the Navy so we spent most of our years in California, so we
              > only met them a few times before they passed away.
              >
              > I am ready to go, now they say rain for this weekend, we are going anyways,
              > I am sure there will be others camping in the rain. I am tired of the
              > rain. We made into the 70's today actually 75 today.
              >
              > Joyce
            • swolsky2
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 9, 2009

                > Beth,
                >
                > I will do that, the park in Salisbury, Mass is large park but looks very
                > clean and lots of things to do right on the ocean.
                >
                > Joyce
                >

                > In a message dated 5/21/2009 10:21:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                > blp7171@... writes:
                >
                > Joyce;
                >
                > Camping right on the ocean sounds so wonderful! I've never tried it, but
                > would love to, some day. If you go there, please take lots of photos and
                > post them here- I know that I, for one, would love to see what the park
                > looks like!
                >
                > ~ Beth
                >
                > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, Jedcad@ wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Beth,
                > >
                > > Nice to hear from you. Yes we had a nice time. We are hoping to try the
                > > State Park in Salisbury the next time we go there, it looked really nice
                > and
                > > clean right on the ocean.
                > >
                > > Joyce
                > >

                > > In a message dated 5/14/2009 10:06:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                > > blp7171@ writes:
                > >
                > > Joyce;
                > >
                > > Yay!!! The first camping trip of the year is always so much fun.... and
                > > I'm so glad the weather cooperated! Can't wait to see the photos!
                > >
                > > ~ Beth
                > >
                > > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce" <Jedcad@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello all,
                > > >
                > > > We just took our first camping trip of the season. We stayed at Rose
                > > Beach Campground in Salisbury, Mass it is a nice little campground very
                > quite
                > > and clean. We walked around Salisbury Beach and also visited New
                > > Newburyport,Mass. We had a great time the weather was nice we only had
                > rain at night.
                > > Sunday it was really windy on the ride home. Salisbury, Mass is about 2
                > > hours from where we live. I will post pictures later.
                > > >
                > > > Joyce

                How was the beach in Salisbury? My husband said it used to be a rough area with many bikers. Still the same or is it kid friendly? Thanks. Sherri