Fun Weekend at the River!

  • Becky & Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2009
      Hi All -

      The Caesar family survived their first BIG long trip to the river. We had a blast! My husband and son worked and built us a new 10x16 deck and then fenced it all in. Beth - we used the 2x3 fencing. It was more economical than the 2x2 stuff. We ran the fencing all around the wooden areas to keep the furry boys in and then Jim and Braddock built 8 ft lattace panels on the ends for enclosure. Thanks so much for suggesting this fencing - it works great and we can see through it with no problem. We didn't want to lose the view and this works fine. Now I don't have to be tethered to the dogs when we come and go out of the camper. I will send pictures soon.

      The Ohio River was VERY busy this weekend! Lots of people doing stupid things and such. We did see the ODNR (Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources) out patrolling - which was a good thing!

      Hopefully - shortly I will have some fantastic recipes to share. The people that we are camping with - really love to cook and grill! I'm glad we can get out and do lots of walking - or I would gain lots of weight this summer - haha! Oh yea - I stepped on a snake too! Little guy that was probably more scared of me than I was of it.

      I just love summer!

      Becky, Jim, Braddock & the Furry Boys!
      Athens, OH
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
        Becky;

        I'm so glad that you all had a good time! How nice that the fencing worked out well for you! It all sounds ideal- no wonder you had a blast!

        Yes! Post your photos and recipes! Can't wait to see them!

        I've been really busy, but I'll post more about our Vermont trip sometime soon and some of the many pictures that we took.

        How is Augie?

        ~ Beth