Hello All- Welcome Newbies!!!

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1 6:19 PM
      Hi and welcome to all our new members!

      I'm stopping by before we go to bed to check in. I've been AWOL with
      a bad cold- went on and on for two weeks- felt too lousy to even type
      on the computer! I haven't been that sick in a while, but I'm out of
      the proverbial woods now and feeling pretty well back to normal.

      Becky- Congrats on the new addition to the family! When do you get to
      take him home?

      I hope that all of you who've been experiencing severe winter weather
      have gotten through it okay- here in New England we've had some good
      storms, but I think that some of you north of us and those in the
      mid-west must have really been hit hard!

      Spring is coming..... and not a moment too soon!

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2 6:37 AM

        Yes, we have had too many storms in New England, I am looking forward to spring, as another storm is raging outside.

        Joyce

        In a message dated 3/1/2009 6:19:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, blp7171@... writes:
        Hi and welcome to all our new members!

        I'm stopping by before we go to bed to check in.  I've been AWOL with
        a bad cold- went on and on for two weeks- felt too lousy to even type
        on the computer!  I haven't been that sick in a while, but I'm out of
        the proverbial woods now and feeling pretty well back to normal.

        Becky- Congrats on the new addition to the family!  When do you get to
        take him home?

        I hope that all of you who've been experiencing severe winter weather
        have gotten through it okay- here in New England we've had some good
        storms, but I think that some of you north of us and those in the
        mid-west must have really been hit hard!

        Spring is coming..... and not a moment too soon!

            mailto:thehappycampers8-D-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:thehappycampers8-D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.
      • anne chlovechok
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2 7:03 AM
          Hi, Beth and Joyce. Glad you feel better, Beth. I doubt we're done with winter yet. It was a week from now last winter when we got slammed with a doozy of a snowstorm, remember? Scout campout was cancelled. Later! Anne

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/thehappyca mpers8-D/ join

              mailto:thehappycamp ers8-D-digest@ yahoogroups. com
              mailto:thehappycamp ers8-D-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2 7:59 AM
            Hi Anne,

            I remember that. Le's not have a repeat of last year we already have enough snow for the season.

            Joyce

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 8 5:22 PM
              Happy Campers -

              Camping Fever is going strong down here. I went past a camper sales today that had LOTS of travel trailers. Lucky for Jim - they were closed or I would have been doing a walk about. haha No money - but it's always fun to look.

              Beth - our new addition to the family should probably come home from Alabama the last weekend of March. Baby Augie is soooo cute! Can't wait to meet the "little" guy. Sorry camping friends - Beth and I both have wonderful Bernese Mountain Dogs from the same breeder. We are about to welcome our second precious boy from her shortly. I hope you're feeling better! It's so yucky when you have a cold and feel absolutely miserable.

              Yesterday it was absolutely beautiful here. Shorts weather. Today was rainy, but warm. I can almost hear the camper calling me. haha It's getting real windy right now. I think tornados were spotted over by Cincinnati tonight. Sounds like we might have a bumpy night!

              Have a great week all.

              Becky & Jim
              Athens, OH
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 9 1:46 PM
                Hi Beck,

                You are so lucky that camping season is on the way in Ohio, we still have plenty of snow here and won't be camping for  a while yet.

                Yes, it is fun to look at all the new campers.

                Joyce

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12 9:48 AM

                  How's the weather up in Maine, today? Do you still have a lot of snow and ice? We're not out of the woods yet, as far as winter being over, but we've been graced with just enough spring-like weather to be thinking about our first outing in the motor home- but no plans, yet. Like so many folks, we're watching the economy and our jobs and we'll probably just make one or two impromptu local trips this summer- and after we can afford to buy a new set of tires for the motor home- we hoping to head south for a longer trip this fall.

                  You're lucky that Maine has so many wonderful campgrounds to visit so you don't have to travel too far to find a nice place to stay! We hope to get up there someday- haven't been to Maine in many years- it's been far to long!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 12 11:10 AM
                    Anne;

                    Thanks! I'm glad the cold is gone, now, too! It seems like just about everyone was hit by that particular virus- Hubby was lucky enough to miss out- must be all the garlic he eats! No germ could (would want to) live with all that garlic!

                    Have you had any recent scout campouts?

                    ~ Beth

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 12 11:15 AM
                      Becky;

                      Just a few more weeks until baby Augie arrives!!! You must be SOOOO excited! I wish we were getting a new puppy, too- I adore Sammy, but puppies are so much fun!

                      We are addicted to looking at camper sales, too. There's one coming up in Rhode Island, soon- just an hour and a half drive away - we'd love to go just to drool over all the neat RV's and stuff, but we're not sure we can schedule it in- weekends are so busy!

                      I hope your bumpy night was uneventful! We've had some days that might be getting close to shorts weather, too- they were at least jeans and sweatshirts weather.... which I'll take in a heartbeat after being bundled up under layers of clothes most of this winter!

                      ~ Beth

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 12 1:46 PM

                        The weather is cold and sunny here today, but we have plenty of snow it will be around for a while yet.

                        I am looking forward to camping season. We might camp as often just trying to save a few dollars, but when I talked to some of campground owners they all said they were bringing down their rates to attract more business.
                        We bought all new tires last year, the tire on your motor home must be expensive.
                        Joyce

                        Joyce;

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 15 9:14 AM

                          When does your snow usually melt away? Here on Cape Cod, the latest snow I've ever seen came in early May, but it's usually all done in early-mid April, and most of the leftover snow piles are gone by early May- however- last year we had a very warm, sunny spring- by the time we arrived here from Florida on April 22nd, all the snow was gone and the weather was wonderful! It was almost too good to be true! I'm hoping for another spring like that this year!

                          It's nice to hear that a lot of camp owners are lowering their rates. The place we stayed at last June-October (Old Chatham Road RV resort- see my rating of it in Happy Camper's Database) raised their rates quite a bit this year. After the horrible experience we had there, we certainly won't be going back, anyway.

                          We hope to do at least one trip to Vermont where we can camp-out at my sister's, who lives on a little dirt road up in the mountains, off a maple-syrup-ping trail. We also hope to visit upstate New York, where we can stay somewhere close to the Canadian border, so Hubby's Canadian family can dash over the border for the day to visit him. I hear it's a real pain in the you-know-where to try to get an RV over the US/Canadian line because there are so many things you're not supposed to carry from one country to the other, so it's easier for his family to drive their cars down into the US to see us than for us to spend hours trying to get the motor home through Customs and possibly still not make it, or worse, not be allowed back into the US! Ah, the joys of modern living! Then, this fall, we hope to go South to visit my elderly aunties in the Carolinas (we can camp in their yard- they're got a great site for us when we stay there)and then continue down to Florida to pick up our stored belongings at my parents and see various family & friends. With luck, we can spend some time at the State Park where we lived & worked for a year before we moved back home to Cape Cod. I loved that Park- still miss it!

                          Yes, we are expecting the tires to be expensive, but we're saving our pennies! Another wheelbarrow-full and we should be just about ready!

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 15 9:26 AM

                            The snow should be gone by next month, in Auburn the snow is just about gone but out here in the sticks we still have plenty of it. A good portion of it should melt today, it is almost 50 out there now. I wrote you e-mail address, we went to Hampton Beach yesterday and found the state park and campground it is right next to the beach. It cost fifty dollars a night to stay there, full hook-ups. I might try it one weekend, but can't afford that all summer.

                            Joyce