Re: Hi Campers!! I'm new...

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
      Debbie;

      The Carolina's are a wonderful place to camp- we sometimes stay on my
      Aunt's property in South Carolina, and we love it there! Beach
      camping is great fun! I'm from Cape Cod, so I'm a beach girl, too, as
      long as it's not too hot. I don't sun bathe, but I do love the beach
      in the off-season, especially taking those long walks along the shore!

      We like to camp just about anywhere that isn't too crowded and not too
      noisy, but I guess our favorite place was when we spent a year at a
      State Park in Florida, which was a 'day' park and the only campers
      where the resident employees- it was fabulous! It was a very skimpy
      year for us financially but I wouldn't have given it up for anything
      in the world!

      ~ Beth

      --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "cookfamily90"
      <4cookiesmom@...> wrote:

      > Hi Beth,
      >
      > Hi Beth. Since we are in the Carolinas, we camp almost year round.
      > Our last trip was in November. It is a little chilly for me now,
      > but we plan to camp again in early March. There is a lake about an
      > hour away that we go to often for a weekend getaway. I am a beach
      > girl and one of my favorite places to camp is Hunting Island. It
      > is a nature preserve right on the ocean. It is beautiful. About 4
      > hours away from me. We go every year for my birthday. We already
      > have reservations for this summer. We also live close to the
      > mountains and love to camp there too. DH wants to try to camp in
      > the Tennessee mountains this summer. Where do you like to camp?
      >
      > Debbie
      >
      > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne"
      > <blp7171@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Debby;
      > >
      > > Welcome to the site! Thanks for telling us a little about
      > yourself;
      > > it's always fun to get to know someone new! I'm a married mother
      > of
      > > two grown daughters and I have two grand-daughters and two
      > > step-grandchildren from my daughter's marriage to a guy who already
      > > had a son & daughter. My husband & I have a Pace Arrow motor home
      > > (the one shown on the home page and that's our dog sitting in the
      > > driver's seat) that we lived in for about 2 years, in Florida,
      > before
      > > having to move north to New England in pursuit of work. Now the
      > motor
      > > home is sadly packed up and winterized and we're wondering how
      > we'll
      > > ever work RVing into our lives again, but I'm sure we'll figure
      > > something out. Where do you like to go camping?
      > >
      > > ~ Beth
      > >

      > > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "cookfamily90"
      > > <4cookiesmom@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello. I'm new here. I met Corinne through another board and
      > she
      > > > invited me to join. I am married and a mom of four. We love
      > camping
      > > > and go often. We have camped for many years. The first several
      > were
      > > > in a tent, then we upgraded to a pop up five years ago and last
      > year
      > > > we purchased our first travel trailer. She is an older trailer,
      > but
      > > > we love her! It is a 1999 30' Jayco Eagle. I am looking
      > forward to
      > > > hearing about everyone's camping experiences!
      > > >
      > > > Debbie

    • Bev
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
        I love it in North Carolina. We have a trip planned to Waves in June.
        We go every year and starting last year we camp. We love, love, love,
        ocean waves campground. We will always stay there as long as it is
        open. We are going the 3rd week in June if anyone wants to camp along
        with us.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
          Hello,

          Welcome to Happy Campers, I love the camping at the ocean also.

          Joyce

          Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's capital.
        • cookfamily90
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
            Bev, Where is Waves? We always camp at the ocean in mid-June. That
            is all I ever want for my birthday! We have planned a trip to my
            favorite place, Hunting Island. Nothing is set in stone. Tell me
            about Waves.

            --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Bev" <wvnurse1@...> wrote:

            > I love it in North Carolina. We have a trip planned to Waves in
            June.
            > We go every year and starting last year we camp. We love, love,
            love,
            > ocean waves campground. We will always stay there as long as it is
            > open. We are going the 3rd week in June if anyone wants to camp
            along
            > with us.

          • Bev
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
              Waves is in the Outer Banks area, right before Hatteras Island. The
              campground we stay at is Ocean Waves (www.oceanwavescampground.com).
              They have full hook up and cable. Check out the web site, they have
              some great pictures on there. We will be there the third week in
              June. It is a must every year. I love it there. The ocean is just
              over a dune! The first half of the place has trees so there is shade.
              There are three bathhouses. It is very clean and quiet. She
              reinforces the rules very well. It has a little store and laundry and
              a pool. lOL...Can you tell I like it there?

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                Hello,

                What a beautiful campground, I can see why you like it so much.  I love the ocean also, we try to find campgrounds that are on the ocean or close by.

                I love Bar Harbor Campground in Bar Harbor, Me. It is close to Arcadia national park, I just love it there, it is so peaceful.

                Joyce

                Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your credit score.
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
                  Bev;

                  I'm going to check out that website, too! Thanks for posting it! The
                  Happy Campers has a database where you can enter in your favorite (or
                  least favorite) places to visit so that others can read up on them if
                  they are interested. Feel free to add this one or any others that
                  come to mind. All of us can add camp ground data, recipes and other
                  trip info to the Database, just like with the Files, Links and add
                  photos to our photo albums.

                  ~ Beth