Re: Hi from a new member

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2009
      Welcome, Beverly!

      I saw your wonderful new photos - it was nice to put a face to your
      name, but gosh, it looked like chilly camping! Do you usually camp in
      the winter? My husband & I lived in our motor home for almost two
      years down in Florida, but even though we had some cold snaps, it was
      never for long- and at least we had two gas furnaces and space heaters
      if we needed to use them. How cold was it on that trip?

      Do you prefer to be called Beverly or Bev?

      ~ Beth

      --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Bev" <wvnurse1@...> wrote:

      > Hi group,
      > I am new to the group.
      > I am from Fairmont, WV (close to Morgantown). Love camping with my
      > family. I have a son (6) and husband (43) and three dogs (10, 6, and
      > 1). I work with the Veterans Administration in a community based
      > clinic.
      > We went camping New Years Eve with a group from Mid-Atlantic Campers
      > (www.midatlanticcampers.com). It was a blast, but sooooo cold. Our
      > goal this year is to go camping every month. Not sure if we will make
      > it February or not. I am hoping for a little warming up outside. I
      > found this group by way of a group on Weight Watchers called Happy
      > Campers.

    • Bev
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2009

        No we do not usually camp in the winter. It was so cold outside. We
        are pretty new to camping and had only camped in the summer before.
        Our son is 6 now and he can tolerate it being colder than me. He loved
        it. We really are hoping top find someplace to camp in February.
        Most people just call me Bev.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1 2:03 PM
          Bev;

          It's been pretty cold here, too! You winter campers are very brave!
          The only winter camping we've done was down in Florida and even that
          can be chilly- our coldest night down there was a mere 24 degrees!
          But, that was unusual- most winter camping in Florida in VERY pleasant!