Hi Campers!! I'm new...

  • cookfamily90
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 16, 2009
      Hello. I'm new here. I met Corinne through another board and she
      invited me to join. I am married and a mom of four. We love camping
      and go often. We have camped for many years. The first several were
      in a tent, then we upgraded to a pop up five years ago and last year
      we purchased our first travel trailer. She is an older trailer, but
      we love her! It is a 1999 30' Jayco Eagle. I am looking forward to
      hearing about everyone's camping experiences!

      Debbie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2009
        Hi Debby;

        Welcome to the site! Thanks for telling us a little about yourself;
        it's always fun to get to know someone new! I'm a married mother of
        two grown daughters and I have two grand-daughters and two
        step-grandchildren from my daughter's marriage to a guy who already
        had a son & daughter. My husband & I have a Pace Arrow motor home
        (the one shown on the home page and that's our dog sitting in the
        driver's seat) that we lived in for about 2 years, in Florida, before
        having to move north to New England in pursuit of work. Now the motor
        home is sadly packed up and winterized and we're wondering how we'll
        ever work RVing into our lives again, but I'm sure we'll figure
        something out. Where do you like to go camping?

        ~ Beth

        --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "cookfamily90"
        <4cookiesmom@...> wrote:

        > Hello. I'm new here. I met Corinne through another board and she
        > invited me to join. I am married and a mom of four. We love camping
        > and go often. We have camped for many years. The first several were
        > in a tent, then we upgraded to a pop up five years ago and last year
        > we purchased our first travel trailer. She is an older trailer, but
        > we love her! It is a 1999 30' Jayco Eagle. I am looking forward to
        > hearing about everyone's camping experiences!
        >
        > Debbie

      • cookfamily90
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2009
          Hi Beth,

          Hi Beth. Since we are in the Carolinas, we camp almost year round.
          Our last trip was in November. It is a little chilly for me now,
          but we plan to camp again in early March. There is a lake about an
          hour away that we go to often for a weekend getaway. I am a beach
          girl and one of my favorite places to camp is Hunting Island. It
          is a nature preserve right on the ocean. It is beautiful. About 4
          hours away from me. We go every year for my birthday. We already
          have reservations for this summer. We also live close to the
          mountains and love to camp there too. DH wants to try to camp in
          the Tennessee mountains this summer. Where do you like to camp?

          Debbie

          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne"

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
            Debbie;

            The Carolina's are a wonderful place to camp- we sometimes stay on my
            Aunt's property in South Carolina, and we love it there! Beach
            camping is great fun! I'm from Cape Cod, so I'm a beach girl, too, as
            long as it's not too hot. I don't sun bathe, but I do love the beach
            in the off-season, especially taking those long walks along the shore!

            We like to camp just about anywhere that isn't too crowded and not too
            noisy, but I guess our favorite place was when we spent a year at a
            State Park in Florida, which was a 'day' park and the only campers
            where the resident employees- it was fabulous! It was a very skimpy
            year for us financially but I wouldn't have given it up for anything
            in the world!

            <4cookiesmom@...> wrote:

            > Hi Beth,
            >
            > Hi Beth. Since we are in the Carolinas, we camp almost year round.
            > Our last trip was in November. It is a little chilly for me now,
            > but we plan to camp again in early March. There is a lake about an
            > hour away that we go to often for a weekend getaway. I am a beach
            > girl and one of my favorite places to camp is Hunting Island. It
            > is a nature preserve right on the ocean. It is beautiful. About 4
            > hours away from me. We go every year for my birthday. We already
            > have reservations for this summer. We also live close to the
            > mountains and love to camp there too. DH wants to try to camp in
            > the Tennessee mountains this summer. Where do you like to camp?
            >
            > Debbie
            >
            > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne"
            > <blp7171@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Debby;
            > >
            > > Welcome to the site! Thanks for telling us a little about
            > yourself;
            > > it's always fun to get to know someone new! I'm a married mother
            > of
            > > two grown daughters and I have two grand-daughters and two
            > > step-grandchildren from my daughter's marriage to a guy who already
            > > had a son & daughter. My husband & I have a Pace Arrow motor home
            > > (the one shown on the home page and that's our dog sitting in the
            > > driver's seat) that we lived in for about 2 years, in Florida,
            > before
            > > having to move north to New England in pursuit of work. Now the
            > motor
            > > home is sadly packed up and winterized and we're wondering how
            > we'll
            > > ever work RVing into our lives again, but I'm sure we'll figure
            > > something out. Where do you like to go camping?
            > >
            > > ~ Beth
            > >

            > > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "cookfamily90"
            > > <4cookiesmom@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello. I'm new here. I met Corinne through another board and
            > she
            > > > invited me to join. I am married and a mom of four. We love
            > camping
            > > > and go often. We have camped for many years. The first several
            > were
            > > > in a tent, then we upgraded to a pop up five years ago and last
            > year
            > > > we purchased our first travel trailer. She is an older trailer,
            > but
            > > > we love her! It is a 1999 30' Jayco Eagle. I am looking
            > forward to
            > > > hearing about everyone's camping experiences!
            > > >
            > > > Debbie

          • Bev
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
              I love it in North Carolina. We have a trip planned to Waves in June.
              We go every year and starting last year we camp. We love, love, love,
              ocean waves campground. We will always stay there as long as it is
              open. We are going the 3rd week in June if anyone wants to camp along
              with us.
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                Hello,

                Welcome to Happy Campers, I love the camping at the ocean also.

                Joyce

                Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's capital.
              • cookfamily90
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                  Bev, Where is Waves? We always camp at the ocean in mid-June. That
                  is all I ever want for my birthday! We have planned a trip to my
                  favorite place, Hunting Island. Nothing is set in stone. Tell me
                  about Waves.

                  --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Bev" <wvnurse1@...> wrote:

                  > I love it in North Carolina. We have a trip planned to Waves in
                  June.
                  > We go every year and starting last year we camp. We love, love,
                  love,
                  > ocean waves campground. We will always stay there as long as it is
                  > open. We are going the 3rd week in June if anyone wants to camp
                  along
                  > with us.

                • Bev
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                    Waves is in the Outer Banks area, right before Hatteras Island. The
                    campground we stay at is Ocean Waves (www.oceanwavescampground.com).
                    They have full hook up and cable. Check out the web site, they have
                    some great pictures on there. We will be there the third week in
                    June. It is a must every year. I love it there. The ocean is just
                    over a dune! The first half of the place has trees so there is shade.
                    There are three bathhouses. It is very clean and quiet. She
                    reinforces the rules very well. It has a little store and laundry and
                    a pool. lOL...Can you tell I like it there?

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                      Hello,

                      What a beautiful campground, I can see why you like it so much.  I love the ocean also, we try to find campgrounds that are on the ocean or close by.

                      I love Bar Harbor Campground in Bar Harbor, Me. It is close to Arcadia national park, I just love it there, it is so peaceful.

                      Joyce

                      Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your credit score.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
                        Bev;

                        I'm going to check out that website, too! Thanks for posting it! The
                        Happy Campers has a database where you can enter in your favorite (or
                        least favorite) places to visit so that others can read up on them if
                        they are interested. Feel free to add this one or any others that
                        come to mind. All of us can add camp ground data, recipes and other
                        trip info to the Database, just like with the Files, Links and add
                        photos to our photo albums.

                        ~ Beth