Just Checking In!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
      Hello, Everyone!

      I've been MIA for quite a while- no Internet service for a long time
      and once we finally got Internet access again, I started a new job, a
      new grandbaby was born, lots of holidays and birthday and other family
      events happened... and now, hopefully, things will settle down for a
      bit!

      Our motor home, which was our home for a long time, is now sadly
      parked, winterized and shrink-wrapped. *sigh* I miss it, but it's
      way too cold up here in New England to live in it anymore. We're
      renting a town-house apartment that's not too far from our jobs and I
      am enjoying having a big kitchen to work in and a separate washer and
      dryer instead of a little combo-washer dryer, like we had in the Pace
      Arrow- which was worth it's weight in gold, but it does take extra
      time to both wash & dry in it.

      I like my new job as office manager in a small boat shop where I do
      secretarial, accounting and purchasing chores. The people there are
      nice & my boss is a great guy. Hubby Lorne is also doing well at his
      job, so we're just trying to keep our fingers crossed and hoping our
      jobs survive this roller-coaster economy.

      We did advertise our beloved motor home for a while this fall and we
      had a few tire-kickers but no buyers. We don't really want to part
      with it, since it only has 30,000 miles on it and we only owe
      30-something thousand on it- there's no way we could replace it for
      what we owe on it- but since we're not living it in and not in a
      position to travel much, it's hard to rationalize keeping it. Oh
      well, I believe that things happen for a reason and I hope that either
      we find a buyer for it or we find we get to use it more than we're
      expecting in the future!

      I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoyed wonderful holidays! It
      was great to be home for the first time in six years to have
      Thanksgiving and Christmas with my grown daughters and their families,
      and to be here for the birth of my newest grand-daughter, born
      December 14, at 6 pounds and 9 ounces, 20 inches long. I'll post some
      new photos so you all can see the new baby and her big sister, who
      turned six on December 12th.

      Happy 2009! I promise to check in on a regular basis now!

      {{{hugs}}} to you all! ~ Beth
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009

        Nice to hear from you!!!. I am glad things are going well for your family and congratulations on your new granddaughter.

        We missed you on the camping site.

        Yes, I think we are holding our breath on our jobs lasting. My husband place of work is very slow and he has worked there almost 41 years.

        I still have babies, I just got 4 new ones.

        Glad to see you back and on the site, you have been missed.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2009
          Hello, Joyce!

          It's SO NICE to see you here! I've really missed being on this site
          with you all. Thanks for the congrats on the new grandchild! I
          posted some new pics in my Beth's Misc photo album (at the end),
          including some of the new baby.

          Your comment that you had four new babies gave me pause until I
          remembered that you work at day care! My first fleeting thought was:
          "My goodness! You are more woman than I am to have quadruplets at
          this stage in life!" :-D

          I hope all is going well and will keep my fingers crossed that we all
          keep our jobs!

          (http://news.aol.com/main/politics/inauguration?ncid=emlcntusnews00000003)

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 18, 2009

            Oh my god, I have 4 new babies in the childcare center.
            I miss not having you to chat with, there hasn't been much action on the site since you left, I posted a few times.
            Yes, lets hope we keep our jobs.

            Are you planning to sell your camper.

            I finally made it to Cape Cod, this year, my brother lives near the cape we went down and he took us for a tour from Provincetown and all over, it was beautiful, he took us to a few of the camping sites that they stay at also.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 18, 2009

              I've really missed our chats, too! I never realized how largely a the
              Internet figured into my life until I suddenly didn't have it any
              more. I hope we can breathe a little life back into the site now that
              we can look forward to a new spring and some good camping weather.

              We will sell the motor home if we can find a buyer, but we really
              don't want to. It'll break my heart to give it up! :-( I'm not
              anticipating any buyers beating a path to our door, so it looks as
              though we will just hold onto it until either we sell it or start
              using it again.

              When did you travel to the Cape? Did you make any stops other than at
              P-town?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 18, 2009

                We went to the Cape in October, my brother took us all over the cape and to different campgrounds that they like to camp at. They took us to Nickerson, and Scusset state park, Scusset is beautiful, I really liked it there. We went to a little town that has a nice walking path that passes by the ocean, we went to Plymouth, on Saturday we drove the whole length down to Provincetown, we stopped at a light house, they showed us all the little out of the way places, they live there and they know them all.

                We left early in the morning and never got home to 8 or 9 at night we walked for miles.

                We had a wonderful time.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 18, 2009
                  Ooh! Sounds like fun!