Last Camping Trip of the year

  • Joyce
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2008
      Hello all,

      Fall is here and trees are turing here in Maine, they are in full
      follage colors. We are going to Bar Harbor for Columbus Day weekend and
      it is going to be a beautiful weather for our last trip of the season.

      I hope everyone is doing well.

      Joyce
    • redhotwmn63
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 13, 2008
        --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce" <Jedcad@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Fall is here and trees are turing here in Maine, they are in full
        > follage colors. We are going to Bar Harbor for Columbus Day weekend
        and
        > it is going to be a beautiful weather for our last trip of the season.
        >
        > I hope everyone is doing well.
        >
        > Joyce

        Hi Joyce,
        Like you we have beautiful fall color going on. Hubby and I took a
        cruise yesterday in the little red car to Burton, Ohio for their apple
        butter festival. We had a great time! On Sat we had my nephew's
        wedding. I actually danced half the night. It felt good! Have a great
        camping weekend and take lots of pic's!

        Corinne
      • raido249
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 13, 2008
          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "redhotwmn63"
          <redhotwmn63@...> wrote:

          > --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce" Jedcad@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > Fall is here and trees are turing here in Maine, they are in full
          > > follage colors. We are going to Bar Harbor for Columbus Day weekend
          > and
          > > it is going to be a beautiful weather for our last trip of the
          season.

          > > I hope everyone is doing well.
          > >
          > > Joyce
          > >

          > Hi Joyce,
          > Like you we have beautiful fall color going on. Hubby and I took a
          > cruise yesterday in the little red car to Burton, Ohio for their apple
          > butter festival. We had a great time! On Sat we had my nephew's
          > wedding. I actually danced half the night. It felt good! Have a great
          > camping weekend and take lots of pic's!
          >
          > Corinne

          Hello Joyce an All

          Just wanted to thank you for accepting me to the site over the
          summer. I am new to the computer as well as the RV world. My boyfriend
          and I are together a little over a year and we had his first child a boy
          8 months ago. He always had an Rv and updated the Rv for us we now have
          an 2008 Sightseer which is great for the family.I also have a two
          teenagers one girl (14) another boy (16).We took a few weekends to check
          out a few camp grounds but stayed local because of crazy gas pricing.We
          on live in NJ so anyone with some experience in the area feel free to
          tell me.

          I also wonder how you guys stay on program while camping? Love to
          eat and seems it is all we do while camping. Went to Sussex NJ
          campground this weekend which was so beautiful with all the mountains
          and changing leaves.Just wish it stayed like that all year.

          Roseanna (Old Bridge, NJ)
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 13, 2008
            Hi Corinne,

            I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the beautiful fall weather. We had a wonderful time in Bar Harbor.
            I hike a trail that took 4 hours to climb. It was a so called moderate trail in Arcadia, moderate my !@$#! but I did it.
            I was a little sore the next day but not to bad for such a long hike
            Joyce

          • anne chlovechok
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 13, 2008
              Hi, Joyce and all. I've been busy, busy, busy. Went camping with my kids one weekend in September...we were in tents on a farm, and all night we heard coyotes howling in the fields all around us. Our little dogs were in the tents with us, and they were not happy campers. It was a little scary, I admit.

              I'm going camping next weekend with the Boy Scouts again...last campout of the fall. Hope it doesn't rain. Won't go again until Iditerod in January. I have until then to come up with this year's clever ideas on how to keep warm tent camping in January in Ohio. (I'll take suggestions. I've gone two years, and this year I had a winter tent, which definately helped. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I was warm.)

              Didn't get my pop-up after all this summer...maybe next year. I'm looking for a little, gently-used Palimino Pony. I like the small size now that my kids are growing up. It has a double at one end and a twin at the other. Anyway, something like that.

              I'll try to write more often! Anne

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 14, 2008
                Hi Anne,

                Sounds like you had a busy summer. I would freeze to death in a tent here in Maine in January. I will try to think of some ways to keep your tent warm.

                Hopefully you get a better deal next year on a nice pop-up.

                Joyce

              • anne chlovechok
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
                  How cold does it get in Maine on average? Generally in Ohio in January the temperature is in the teens to the fortys. Average is about 30 F. Anne

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
                    Hi Anne,

                    How about as cold as 20 below zero, the average temp is around 20 in the winter, but as cold as 20 below also.

                    Joyce

                  • anne chlovechok
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 15, 2008
                      Yeah, too cold for me, too. Anne

                      How about as cold as 20 below zero, the average temp is around 20 in the winter, but as cold as 20 below also.