1965Re: Photos of Sammy

  • happycamperbeth
    Mar 14, 2014

      Yes, there were more photos of Sammy; I thought they might show up on the home page, as they used to when we posted new pictures, but that hasn't happened the last few times I've uploaded new photos.  Anyway, they're in my "Beth's Misc." album.

      Sammy is turning 8 this year and he's on antihistamines, too.  I've read that skin allergies and stress or boredom-chewing are common in the breed.  He's on Limited Ingredient Diet dog food, so his food allergies should be minimal.  But, between the vitamins and meds and occasional treats- who know what he reacts to?  He's had a very beautiful, luxurious, soft winter coat this year.... which is shedding the undercoat like crazy at this point!  I hope that's a sign of an early spring!

      Sammy started with dragging a toe here and there last fall.  The good news is that the OTC joint meds- though expensive- have made a huge difference for him.  He went from being very lame to up on his feet again and although he doesn't walk long distances like he used to, he's still in good spirits and still gets around.  You can see in the recent photos that he's still ready to play.  :-)

      I love the name of your new boat!  Please take photos when you get everyone on board and share them with us!  If there's anything as fun as going camping, it's boating!

      Take care!  ~  Beth
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic