1960Re: [thehappycampers8-D] RE: Where is Spring?

  • Elizabeth Allbright
    Feb 16 3:32 PM

      Hi all,

      I'm over here on the left coast wondering what happened to winter! It's pretty awful how dry everything has been...hoping for more rain and snow the spring months. I know, crazy!

      We tent camped a few times last summer up in the high Sierras last summer and I'm looking forward to going to more places up there. Since we're not happy owners of a happy trailer for now, we'll do a bunch of backpacking.

      I've been day hiking a bunch while the weather has allowed me to. Exploring places that would be smoldering hot in summer while the air is cool. Hubby bought me the gift of a nice Osprey day pack. He says it's a little too tall for me, but I love it as it is. I pack my lunch, some water, a jacket, water socks, sunscreen...all the good stuff and hit the trail. I figure, since I can't go to the beach every day, I may as well get out and see what there is to see around here.
      So far, there are many pretty places!

      By the time summer comes, I'll be in great shape for backpacking. Looking forward to it!

      Joyce, your health is all you ever need...so do take care of that. Here's hoping you're feeling like your young self again soon.

      Beth, good to know you're well!

      Becky, how fun to get out on the boat this summer! Hope you'll share some fun adventures with us.

      Here's hoping for rain in California, but not on Fridays and Saturdays...I need dry trails!  :)

      ~Elizabeth

      On Feb 16, 2014 5:16 AM, <Jedcad@...> wrote:

      Hi Beth,

      I honestly don't know yet, I am hoping to go down to part-time at work next Jan. so I will have to pay for medical, it sucks but I really just want to take care of me I will be 60 in October.    I just got diagnosed with high blood pressure so I am working on that now, exercise and diet.
      Joyce

      In a message dated 2/15/2014 8:51:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, bthm63@... writes:

      Joyce;  Do you think you'll be doing any camping this year?  ~  Beth
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic