1940Happy Monday!

  • RebeccaC
    Jul 22, 2013
      Beth -

      So great to hear from you!

      I love your new camper... so cute! You will have to get interior shots to share. Glad your a/c works fine. It's absolutely miserable here in SE Ohio with this heat.

      I will try to get some pics of the furry kids camping this weekend to share.

      Camping on the river is still wonderful! Just about time for the American Queen riverboat to coming up through on it's way to Pittsburgh. Love to see it paddling up the river. If anyone is planning on going to the Marietta (Ohio) Sternwheeler Festival in September - let us know - we can meet up to say hi. We always go over for the fireworks (which are wonderful)!

      The Mayflies are just about through. Those little bugs are so pesky. They don't sting... but they are EVERYWHERE when they come in. Note to self... keep your mouth closed when sitting on the patio.

      Yes - hard to believe Sammy and Timber will be 7 this year. Timber is struggling with the heat. We're keeping him in the a/c as much as possible. We almost lost him to heat in NC while in vacation. We used all of our possible "cool down" methods and brought his temperature down 5 degrees in 3 hours. We will have to watch him very very carefully from now on. No second guessing the humidity. If any - he's inside. All the furry boys still love camping. They rule the roost and the campground is always asking about them - if they're not out and about. We go for walks early and late - to avoid this nasty heat.

      Have a great week and hope some of our old members will chime in again!

      Becky, Jim, Timber, Augie & Cledus
      Loving Camping out by Little Hocking, OH on the Ohio River
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic