1926Re: Howdy Howdy

  • happycamperbeth
    Jul 29, 2012
      Hello, Becky!

      It's nice to hear from you, too!

      Wow! 100 degrees- no wonder you need A/C- long hair or not! It's too bad about losing all your refrigerated food, as well. :-(

      How nice to have a place to swim! I'd love to get Sammy more interested in the water, but he doesn't care to be wet, weather it's rain, bath-time or swimming. But he does love the snow! Thanks for your comment about Sammy's picture.

      What kind of recipes are you looking for? The kind cooked over a fire place or the kind prepared in tiny ovens/stove tops?

      ~ Beth

      --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "RebeccaC" <caesar@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to our new members! Nice to hear from you guys! The Caesar's are surviving the SE Ohio heat pretty well! Camping has had to be put on hold this week - no electric at the camper. 2 Bernese Mountain Dogs (long long hair) and a Rottie without A/C = disaster! So we are staying home instead of spending time on the Ohio River. The recent storms have really wrecked havoc in Ohio - mostly SE Ohio. We have close friends that have been without power since last Friday (one week today). And the temps are at 100. Ouch! We lost everything in our fridge/freezer. At home and the camper! What a mess. At least our power at our home was down from Friday night to Sunday night - so we faired pretty well - compared to others.
      >
      > Anyhoo - enough about the nasty weather!
      >
      > We camp in our Sandpiper on the beautiful Ohio River. Between Parkersburg, WV and Hockingport, OH. We're set up pretty much permanently. Just pull out for high water. Beautiful part of the state! We camp with our dogs and several really nice families. Jim is in the process of putting a ladder on our dock for me to swim with the pups. He's also going to build a doggie ramp for the dogs to come in and out of the water on. I would never want them to swim to shore. Too many sharp objects!
      >
      > Anyone have any really wonderful camping recipes to share?
      >
      > Beth - love that winter time picture of Sammy!
      >
      > Talk to everyone soon!
      >
      > Becky, Jim, Timber, Augie & Cledus
      > The Caesar's
      > Athens, OH