1533Re: April Fool's Day

  • Becky & Jim
    Apr 1, 2009
      Oh my co-workers are so happy that I'm home today! I used to be notorious for pranks on April 1st. Tape down phones/wrap toilet seats/vaseline on things... the list goes on and on. But - I've been exceptionally quiet for about 5-6 years now. Waiting for the year that I retire (4-5 years). I will go out with a bang! haha Beth - tell your hubby we said Happy Birthday from SE Ohio!

      I'm home today enjoying this beautiful sunshine in SE Ohio. We have a new Bernese Mountain Dog puppy and I'm taking vacation to get the new boy accustomed to his big brothers (Berner & Rottie). Everything is going well and the two big boys are treating him wonderfully! We just have to worry about him being stepped on - since they are 100 & 125 lbs. and baby Augie is 10 lbs. It's so nice to have puppy breath in the house again. We are going to have fun with 3/4 humans and 3 big dogs in the camper this year. We'd better have it good and level - or I will be seasick!

      Beth - your new grandbaby is adorable! I saw the pics when you posted them - but never got back with you. Give her a big squeeze for me.

      I'm so excited to be just about ready to put our camper in for the summer! We have a bit of a problem though... we have Direct TV that goes with us to the campground (hubby can't live without it for Nascar and sports events). We had a nice clothes line at our old campground that we mounted to. This time - no clothesline (yet). I think we're going to try something we saw last year. A weekend camper pulled in and had a travel dish idea. He took a pressure treated pole about 4-5 feet tall and put it into a 5 gallon bucket. Poured concrete around it. Let it harden - then mounted the dish to the top of the pole. Presto! Travel satellite dish. He threw it in his truckbed when he left - ready to use again and again. How cool! When we pack up for the winter - just stow it away with the other camper dodads. Anyone have any other ideas for traveling satellite dishes? We haven't poured our concrete yet.

      Talk to you all soon! Puppy needs out!

      Becky & Jim
      Athens, OH

      > I am not planning any pranks as of yet, I might tomorrow change my mind.
      >
      > Joyce
      >

      > In a message dated 3/31/2009 6:56:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > blp7171@... writes:
      >
      > Is anyone planning any April Fool's Day pranks for tomorrow?
      >
      > Since April Fool's Day is also hubby's birthday, I will have to be well
      > behaved!

      > **************Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a
      > recession.
      > (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000003)