Re: Julie Johnson???

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2006
      Mike is correct, the author's name on the book is indeed James D.
      Johnson. He also authored two similarily formatted books on the
      Illinois Traction (Lincoln Land Traction) and the Chicago Surface
      Lines, (A Century of Chicago Streetcars) Along with the Aurora Elgin
      book, which was the only one available in softcover (as far as I know),
      these are three of the most collectible and sought after books for any
      serious traction collection. (Based on both quality and content, as
      well as a fairly small print run)

      Additionally he had a magazine for a short time entitled Electic
      Traction Quarterly (I may not have that name exactly correct, please
      correct me if I am in error). I beleive there were about 10-12 issues
      total.

      Mr Johnson is one of the major benefactors at IRM having contributed
      both time, money, and especially equipment over the years. He is
      currently the head of the signal department at IRM, and his
      accomplishments and knowledge are widely known and regarded. For a fun
      afternoon sometime, catch the CTC board on the IRM website and watch
      the movement of trains on the mainline. Can't think of any other museum
      operation that has anything to match this.

      Having said all of that, as simpy as I can put this, Mr Johnson
      decided to make a change in his life several years back. This same
      person is now known legally and otherwise as Julie Ann Johnson.