Re: Ride the CA&E

  • rhicks308
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013
      --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "T.U. Leaton" <tomleaton@...> wrote:

      > Do you know whether, when IRM is serving lunch in the Zephyr diner, it is while the train is parked or during operations?
      >
      > Tom Leaton

      It's during operations, so the Zephyr will (usually) be moving. My wife and I had lunch there last Sunday, and it was quite enjoyable.
    • minnman554212000
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013

        Randall and others.  Please submit photos to the group.  I will set up a folder for that purpose.  Somewhere down the road we make pick a cover photo.  Be aware that with Yahoo's latest format I am limited in space.  That is why I had to re-work David's photo to fit the space offered.  Photos chosen for the cover will be based on quality and composition either by the owner and moderator or by poll.  Photos may also be enhanced and/or cropped to fit the cover photo space.

        Larry

        --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, <thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On Saturday, Sept. 14, as part of IRM's Showcase Weekend we're planning to operate a four-car train of CA&E wood cars, including the 36 (1902 Stephenson, part of the original order) which will be carrying passengers for the first time. This is something no CA&E fan will want to miss. Of course, there will be lots of other trains running, including wood L cars, North Shore, and the Zephyr will be serving lunch in the diner.

        Randall
      • droon124
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2013
          Hey all,Since IRM is in this thread, I thought I'd let you guys know that one of the photos on their website promoting their showcase weekend is a cgi of CAE 36 and either 308 or 309 rolling into an explosion. Pretty interesting.Andy Moderator thegreatthirdrail yahoo group
        • rhicks308
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2013
            Several pictures from last weekend have been posted here:

            http://hickscarworks.blogspot.com/2013/09/chuck-amstein-photos-of-showcase-weekend.html

            The photographer, Chuck Amstein, can provide larger versions if you want, although it sounds like that may be a problem. I'm sure he'd be glad to have one of his photos used.
            Randall