CERA 75th Anniversary Events

  • David Sadowski
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2013
      Central Electric Railfans' Association is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year with special events this September 20-22.  On Friday, the 20th, we will go to Kenosha to ride the closest operating streetcar to Chicago.  The following day, it's the Illinois Railway Museum, where we will ride special consists of cars celebrating the various Insull properties in the Chicago area (CA&E, North Shore Line, Chicago Rapid Transit, and possibly South Shore Line).

      Saturday night, we have our 75th Anniversary Banquet and Program.  Each attendee will receive a special commemorative book, Trolley Sparks Special #1, a 75-year retrospective of the organization and its activities.  Additional copies of this limited-edition book (which is not part of the membership entitlement) are available on pre-order (books will be distributed in September).

      Finally, on Sunday, we will go to the Fox River Trolley Museum, and ride various cars, including the Fox River car that has at long last returned to its home turf, and CA&E 20, the oldest operating interurban car in the United States (1902).

      Tickets are available online or by mail now:

      http://www.cera-chicago.org/celebration.php

      You can read much the same information on our blog:

      http://ceramembersblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/cera-celebrates-75-years-with-you/

      All events are "ala carte."  You can pick and choose which ones to go to, or whether you prefer to drive or take our charter bus.  You can pay via our web site using PayPal, a credit or debit card, or print out an order form and send in a check.  We hope to see you there as we look forward to our next 75 years.