Caption Correction

  • David Sadowski
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013
      Based on various people writing me about the location of photo #2, I have updated the caption as follows:

      #2 – Two car Chicago Aurora & Elgin train headed by Cincinnati steel 422 with a postwar St. Louis steel westbound on CA&E tracks in Wheaton. The approximate location, as determined through Googole Maps, is about 188 S. Wheaton Ave., the current location of the Illinois Prairie Path. Mr. Foelschow thought this was Forest Park, but the buildings in the picture match up with Wheaton. The other tracks at left are the C&NW (present-day Union Pacific West Line).

      http://ceramembersblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/garfieldcongresscae-mystery-photos-contest-answers/