Re: [thegreatthirdrail] CA&E/North Shore Blog Post

  • Scott Greig
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 8, 2013
      NSL steels to Geneva...now THAT's what I call rare mileage!

      From: Larry M <minnman554212000@...>
      To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 6:29 PM

      I doubt that the steel cars were used on the CA&E during that time period.  Rather, I suspect that you're referring to the wooden cars that were well covered in David's blog.  We do know of instances of NSL steel cars on the CA&E including the well documented trip with car 160 leading a train that went on the  NSL, CRT, CA&E and west of Elgin to (I think) Rockford, IL involving two more electric lines.  Ironically 160 is again running on that same ROW at the IRM!

      Larry

      www.umcycling.com    for Northstar, Boston and photos from the Chicago area dating back to 1954.

      From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@...>
      Subject: [thegreatthirdrail] CA&E/North Shore Blog Post
      To: "CHICAGOTRANSIT@yahoogroups.com" <CHICAGOTRANSIT@yahoogroups.com>, "Chicagoland_Traction@yahoogroups.com" <Chicagoland_Traction@yahoogroups.com>, thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 1:31 PM

      FYI, I've written a new blog post about CA&E cars running on the North Shore Line... or was it vice versa?
      http://ceramembersblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/roarin-elgin-on-the-north-shore/
      I also included some photos of the ex-WB&A cars that were reconfigured for the CA&E in the late 1930s.