Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Re: NSL Cars on CA&E

  • Seth Bramson
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2013
      And the cars do, too!! ( : > )).

      (Nice to see your inputs, Don! Hope you and yours are well and doing well.)

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2013
        FYI we have pinned down the particulars for the photo at the head of my blog post.  It's 5th street in Milwaukee, and the picture was taken on July 14, 1946, on a CERA fantrip.

        There is a picture taken on the other side of the street at the same location in CERA B-141 (Before the North Shore Line) on page 182.

        There are some differences in the streetscape between this location and Greenleaf.  I wrote about these in a reply to Larry's comment.
      • David Church
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
        One last set of photos of North Shore 700's in CA&E service, taken from Aurora Elgin Area Streetcars, Volume 3.  There they are in all their traction orange glory.

        Dave

        To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: dsadowski@...
        Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:32:29 -0500