Re: [thegreatthirdrail] was(Re: CA&E and the Cleveland Rapid) condition of CA&E cars vs NSL cars

  • Scott Greig
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 9, 2013
      Soon after the CA&E cars arrived at North Chicago, IRM wanted to run a fantrip on the North Shore Line with the 431.  While it ultimately got quashed by railroad management, things got as far as a representative from the Highwood mechanical department (perhaps electric/air brake foreman Frank Beshack) coming to the hardware foundry to inspect the 431.  He was very impressed with the condition of the car, and reportedly commented that the car was in better condition than some of what the North Shore was running in regular service.

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
        Thank You.