Photoshop Fantacy

  • dashund_2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2012
      Would it be in bad taste-or good, to have one of our photoshop experts place a current photo of the C.A.&E. cars at Union(ie. cover photo) in front of a current day photo of the Villa Park Station? Imagine having this line still in existance with a fantacy excursion train roaring by!
      We can still dream can't we?

      Jerry Hund
    • T.U. Leaton
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2012
        That would be good taste.

        To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: dashund_2000@...
        Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 18:25:12 +0000
        Subject: [thegreatthirdrail] Photoshop Fantacy

        Would it be in bad taste-or good, to have one of our photoshop experts place a current photo of the C.A.&E. cars at Union(ie. cover photo) in front of a current day photo of the Villa Park Station? Imagine having this line still in existance with a fantacy excursion train roaring by!
        We can still dream can't we?

        Jerry Hund

      • Larry M
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2012
          It would not since I had express permission to use that photo "as is".  Being more than familiar with Photoshop CS6 and CS4 it would be possible but would it even be worth the effort considering the work and time involved including putting in a third rail and removing the overhead for starters.  Nice fantasy but realistically not practical.

          Larry
          Owner
          The Great Third Rail.

          www.umcycling.com    for Northstar, Boston and photos from the Chicago area dating back to 1954.
          Would it be in bad taste-or good, to have one of our photoshop experts place a current photo of the C.A.&E. cars at Union(ie. cover photo) in front of a current day photo of the Villa Park Station? Imagine having this line still in existance with a fantacy excursion train roaring by!
          We can still dream can't we?

          Jerry Hund

        • Milton Lemke
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2012
            What are you suggesting.  I don't understand.  I have a more radical idea involving the corner of Main and Liberty streets in Wheaton.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2012
              It would be less difficult, I think, to place an interurban car (or an AE&FRE car) on recreated street trackage  on recent color images of Anderson Boulevard in  Geneva or 3d street in St. Charles, if you could get the light right.

              To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
                Larry,

                Your photograph taken at Union is a great shot. However, it is not my suggestion to use it in any way. However, my idea is that anyone who is a good photographer and is also good at Phtoshop could easliy go out to Union and take some really good shots of the equipment in action. Then they could go over to an existing CA&E station like Villa Park, Prince Crossing, etc. and photograph them. Next they would insert these photos taken at Union in front of these present day stations. As some other members suggested, they could even do street scenes of trains. Imagine a set of cars making a sharp bend at Union now photo imposed in St. Charles making the sharp bend at Main Street going South on to 3rd Street. Sounds like a great calendar idea to me.

                Jerry Hund

                --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, Larry M <minnman554212000@...> wrote:

                > It would not since I had express permission to use that photo "as is".  Being more than familiar with Photoshop CS6 and CS4 it would be possible but would it even be worth the effort considering the work and time involved including putting in a third rail and removing the overhead for starters.  Nice fantasy but realistically not practical.
                >
                > Larry
                > Owner
                > The Great Third Rail.
                >
                > www.umcycling.com    for Northstar, Boston and photos from the Chicago area dating back to 1954.

              • Milton Lemke
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
                  I think it's a great idea.  Your not really fooling anybody, especially if you say it's some form of reminiscences, or art.