CA&E Shutdown

  • Thomas Kaufman
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 3, 2012
      How many remember the July 3rd 1957 shutdown of passenger service, that occurred 55 years ago today. It is nice that IRM lets us relive the days of old with their collection of CA&E cars.

      Thomas Kaufman
      Seminole FL
    • Joseph Karkusiewicz
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 18, 2012
        The Harold Washington main library in Chicago has a few publications with certain drawings of some CTA buses. One of these publications has drawings of trackless trolleys that the CERA publications did not have. The publications are for reference only and not available for check-out. I made copies of these buses  the last time I was there but I can't find them right now.