Interurbans of The Fox Valley Display at two train shows in March

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2011
      For those with an interest (and in the greater Chicagoland area), my Interubans of The Fox Valley display will be presented at two local train shows in March 2011.

      First up, is the 33rd annual High Wheeler Train Show, to be held this weekend, Saturday March 5, and Sunday March 6th. Show times for both days is 9am-5pm CST. Over 20 operating layouts in various scales and gauges will be available, as well as exhibits from historical groups and museums. There will be model railroad and railroadiana available for purchase, as well as refreshments. Four complete HO scale train sets will be given away over the weekend, and drawings for door prizes will be held all day, each day. The show is at the Harper College Sports Center, Building M, located at the NE corner of Algonquin and Roselle Rds, in Palatine, IL. Full details, including directions and discounted admission coupons may be found at :
      www.highwheelertrainshow.com

      On Saturday, March 19th, we will also present the display at the 30th annual All American Railroad Show, which is held at the Lyons Township High School Fieldhouse. 100 S. Brainard Ave (corner of Brainard and Cossitt), in LaGrange, IL. This show also features exhibits and operating layouts, but no selling. Refreshments are available for purchase. Show times for this show are also 9am - 5pm CST. Door prizes and give aways will be available. Full details may be found on the show flyer which has been posted in the Files section.

      Hope to see you there.
      John C/Elgin, IL
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2011
        Quick update in case anyone was planning on seeing the display this Saturday (3/19) at the Great American Railroad Show. I will not be able to attend this show as I've had an emergency situation arise that will occupy most of the weekend. Apologies to any and all.

        Please attend the show anyways, I'm sure there's plenty to see and do !

        John C