Re: Remembering the 'Ror'n' Elgin has a new web address.

  • glen brewer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      No, Tom, as America's most original writer once said, "rumors of my death are exaggerated."

      Glen
      Railroad Glory Days
    • Seth Bramson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        Actually, Glen, the exact statement was:

        "Rumors of my death are (or have been) greatly exaggerated!"

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          Not so simple, Seth.

          If you search the web, you will see that there are many variations on this quote, one site, complete with a copy of his hand written note, states that ". . . , the report of my death was an exaggeration." See http://www.twainquotes.com/Death.html.

          How does any of this apply to the CA&E? Well, at least Sam was still around well after the AE&E was built and in operation.

          Glen