Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Remembering the 'Ror'n' Elgin has a new web address.

  • twtrains@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
      Thanks Glen, I thought I lost Ya! Tom
    • glen brewer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        No, Tom, as America's most original writer once said, "rumors of my death are exaggerated."

        Glen
        Railroad Glory Days
      • Seth Bramson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          Actually, Glen, the exact statement was:

          "Rumors of my death are (or have been) greatly exaggerated!"

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
            Not so simple, Seth.

            If you search the web, you will see that there are many variations on this quote, one site, complete with a copy of his hand written note, states that ". . . , the report of my death was an exaggeration." See http://www.twainquotes.com/Death.html.

            How does any of this apply to the CA&E? Well, at least Sam was still around well after the AE&E was built and in operation.

            Glen