Mt. Carmel Branch remnants album on Flickr

  • themats
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      I put together an album of Mt. Carmel Branch remnants on my Flickr account. Here is the link:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/36106399@N04/sets/72157623844971563/

      It starts at the western end and goes up the the IC (now CN) overpass. When I have time to get to the stuff north of the Ike, I'll post again. I was excited to find a short piece of rail still in the ground on the east side of Oak Ridge Ave. just north of Roosevelt. All pictures have been mapped, so look for the map link on the right side of the page.

      Also, if anyone else is on Flickr and has CA&E pictures, I started a group:

      http://www.flickr.com/groups/great_3rd_rail/

      Please add pictures if you want.

      Thanks,

      Mike Murray
      La Grange Park, IL
    • riispark99
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2010
        Mike,

        Thank you so much for not only taking the time to shoot the photos but also sharing them with us.

        Ken