Re: Chicagoland O Scale Modular Club

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010

      > if we had plans for a module,
      > we could bang them out in a weekend.
      > then add track and wiring...to start

      The basic modules could indeed be most likely knocked out in a weekend, a production line style process would work well. We did a similar thing with another club (large scale !) that I was part of the start up for some years ago. The real work is the details, the track and wiring as you noted, but also some of the basics, standardization of height/width, track centers, wire height, just to name a couple.

      I'll contact you offlist as I don't want to clutter up this group with this discussion.

      John C
    • Mark Contractor
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        really basic, is to buy flea market tables,
        like church tables, from China Tool/Harbor Freight,
        and run track on the top.
        Bingo, instant RR.

        OK, OK, I'll keep thinking.

        get back to me about building modules.