Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Chicagoland O Scale Modular Club

  • Mark Contractor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2010

      if we had plans for a module,
      we could bang them out in a weekend.
      then add track and wiring...to start

      Mark E
      tooot tooot

      From: foxvalley2001 <foxvalley2001@...>
      To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, January 31, 2010 1:04:46 PM
      Subject: [thegreatthirdrail] Chicagoland O Scale Modular Club

      Anyone in the Chicagoland area interested in starting an O scale modular club,something along the lines of an East Penn set-up ?

      No set agenda or anything at this point, simply hoping there might be enough people to put a regular group together, potentially to take a modular layout to 2-3 shows a year, promote O scale traction modeling, and inspire/help each other with our respective modeling.

      I have four people (including myself) that have expressed an interest to this point.

      Please contact me off-list if you have an interest. Hoping to have some sort of an initial meeting within the next month (Feb 2010)

      J. Cloos
      FoxValley2001@ yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010

        > if we had plans for a module,
        > we could bang them out in a weekend.
        > then add track and wiring...to start

        The basic modules could indeed be most likely knocked out in a weekend, a production line style process would work well. We did a similar thing with another club (large scale !) that I was part of the start up for some years ago. The real work is the details, the track and wiring as you noted, but also some of the basics, standardization of height/width, track centers, wire height, just to name a couple.

        I'll contact you offlist as I don't want to clutter up this group with this discussion.

        John C
      • Mark Contractor
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
          really basic, is to buy flea market tables,
          like church tables, from China Tool/Harbor Freight,
          and run track on the top.
          Bingo, instant RR.

          OK, OK, I'll keep thinking.

          get back to me about building modules.