Special moves on the Downer Line

  • buslist
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      Is anyone aware of any special moves on the Downer Line in Aurora? For example, special moves of interurban cars to/from Aurora University? Would love to know if anything other that the street cars ran past my front door.

      From 149 Le Grande Aurora.
    • roygbenedict@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2009
        I don't recall any mention of such an operation in Hopkins Peffers' books. But as an Aurora traction fan you need at least two of the four books in the series for all the other great stuff in them, told as it could be told only by an Aurora native whose dad was the streetcar company boss.

        ROY G. BENEDICT, 3511 N. Pittsburgh Ave., Chicago IL 60634
        R-Benedict-11@...
        Voice, message and fax: (773) 625-5263
        .
        .

        From: "buslist" <buslist@...>
        To: thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [thegreatthirdrail] Special moves on the Downer Line
        Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:52:19 -0000

        Is anyone aware of any special moves on the Downer Line in Aurora? For example, special moves of interurban cars to/from Aurora University? Would love to know if anything other that the street cars ran past my front door.

        From 149 Le Grande Aurora.