Re: Trolleyville Collection and IRM AND OTHERS !!

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
      > Tomorrow is the day the bids are due for the cars from the Trolleyville collection. If you would like to see the CA&E cars repatriated to Illinois and have not already made a donation to the cause please consider making one at
      >
      > <http://www.irm.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=715>

      Let's not forget that others are trying to bring some of these Illinois/Chicago cars back home as well. In particular, Fox River's efforts to bring a Fox River 300 car back.

      To take nothing away from any of IRM's efforts (and it's like comparing apples to Volkswagon's, there is no real comparison), getting a Fox River car back and operating on real home rails is a very special acheivement in museum operations, this is a type of operation which is extremely rare.

      Support them all, as much as you can !

      2016 Olympics Bid announcement ?? We have more important bids we want to hear about !!

      JC
    • rhicks308
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
        --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "thegreatthirdrail" <thegreatthirdrail@...> wrote:

        > Let's not forget that others are trying to bring some of these Illinois/Chicago cars back home as well. In particular, Fox River's efforts to bring a Fox River 300 car back.

        I'd agree, actually, and I hope the Fox River group are successful in acquiring and operating at least one Fox River car. I personally can only afford to support one organization at a time, but I wish them well.

        As for IRM, the bids have been submitted and the die is cast, but it's not too late to contribute. Money will still be needed for moving the cars and paying for their indoor storage space. So our "Take the Throttle" offer is still open and any support will be greatly appreciated!

        Randall
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
          Let's keep in mind that the need for funds still exists, be it IRM, FRTM or anywhere else any of these cars may land. Fundraising has NOT stopped due to the end of the bidding !

          Given the short timeframe from the announcement to the bid process (and the winning bidders only have till Wed, Oct 7th to pay for their winning bids), no doubt most, if not all bidders are putting themselves on the hook via loans of some type to secure these cars.

          Our support to help retire those debts ASAP, as well as pay for transport, rigging, track space, enclosed storage, restorations, operations, etc, is desperately needed EVERYWHERE.

          I'm sure, given some of the feedback over the last few months, that there are more a handful of folks who are sitting on their respective wallets to see what car are destined where,, the next several days are the time to get off those wallets and make a difference.

          This is truly a one-in-a-lifetime event, very bit helps.

          PS - Along with Randy's generous Throttle Time offer, FRTM has special offers for certain sized donations as well.

          Good luck to IRM and FRTM (and anyone else after they get theirs!! )
          JC