Re: South Shore Line Lanterns

  • carthusian1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
      Thanks Mitch,

      I was really more interested in the Kerosene lamps, marker or otherwise. I've never seen one, it makes me think that either the SSL maybe never had lamps marked with their railroad lettering, or they dumped them all at once when they switched to electric.

      Kevin
    • Mitchell Markovitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2009

        There's a kerosene marker being sold as a Lake Shore one on eBay right now. It's painted orange.

        In the older orange car era, pre WWII daytime trains were marked with red paddles on the rear.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2009
          Hello Mitch,

          Thank you. Unfortunately, I think that auction ended Sunday, I didn't get your message until today. Under "Lake Shore Lantern" there is a Lake Shore and Michigan tall globe lantern, but I don't know anything about that road.

          Oh well, at least I know they do exist!

          Kevin