Elgin & Belvidere car on eBay

  • mrcrist_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2009
      Guys

      I know this is out in left field for this group, but I saw a Ken Kidder
      trolley painted in E&B colors yesterday. It was a rusty brown with a purple band backdrop for the road name at top.

      Does anyone know if this is accurate E&B colors? And just so I don't ask again, what were the E&B colors? All pictures Ive seen are black and white, so I am out of luck.

      On another note, I think that this could be a great thing to return at least one of the CA&E cars to Illinois. Just an idea, doesn't IRM have any flat cars that could be made roadworthy and shipped to LSE?
      Then the CA&E cars could be loaded and shipped home.
      Perhaps that might reduce some of the expense, just an idea.

      Mike
    • RD347@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2009
        what is the link?

        An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2009
          There are a total of two HO scale Ken Kidder single truck Birney cars available on ebay currently (from the same seller) Chicagoland Hobby also has one which they've listed for some time now with no bites.

          In any event, one of the two is lettered for the Elgin & Belvidere.
          The E&B never had an Birney cars. And the color scheme on this car, wouldn't be correct for the E&B either.

          Having said that, they are fine little cars and these two are pretty reasonably priced, although they both look to need a bit of TLC.

          Search for "Kidder". As of this posting you have a little more than 30 hours. (Standard disclaimer, not my items, no financial interests, blah, blah, blah)