Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Need Photo Locations

  • John Almond
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6 1:44 PM
      Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Need Photo Locations 1 down and 3 to go – Thanks

      On 11/6/08 2:20 PM, "JD" <wuhwuzdat@...> wrote:

      Slide"489" appears to have been taken over the south train sheds of Union Station, photographer facing south by south east on Canal st, looking towards Van Buren. The building in the background (right side)is the Post Office.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7 11:20 AM
        --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com, "John Almond" <almondj@...>
        wrote:

        > 3 out of the 4 photos posted under Crystal Valley were recently
        purchased as slides. Can any
        > of my fellow mwmbers identify the location of one or more?
        >
        > John In Tucson

        The first slide was taken of an eastbound train at Dunham Road on the
        Elgin branch. The station at that site was "St. Charles Road", a flag
        stop with extremely minimal scheduled service, one or two trains a day.
      • John Almond
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7 11:29 AM
          Re: [thegreatthirdrail] Re: Need Photo Locations Thanks – two down with two to go !!!

          On 11/7/08 12:20 PM, "George Foelschow" <gfoelschow@...> wrote:

          --- In thegreatthirdrail@yahoogroups.com <mailto:thegreatthirdrail%40yahoogroups.com> , "John Almond" <almondj@...>